Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Build Log: Manadono's '01-01' (CF8)

nice sleek look.

Default Lightsaber 01-01 buildlog update | Parts

it just going to be a component by component image-fest, enjoy!

imgur's thumbnail scaling and gallery view seem to be broken but...
    Last edited by Manadono; 08-09-2016 at 05:56 AM.

That knurled piece is interesting. Where does that go on the saber?
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    That knurled piece is interesting. Where does that go on the saber?
    it's the heatsink, it screws into the LED optic holder :>

Quote Originally Posted by Manadono View Post
    it's the heatsink, it screws into the LED optic holder :>
    I had the same question! It would be perfect for a build I've already been designing for a future build even though I haven't finished the first one (with two more also in progress..). I'll be keeping my eye out for a similar piece locally and see if I can incorporate it.

I'll also be keeping an eye on your build log to see what other ideas I can steal... er... see what a beautiful piece of art you produce! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    I had the same question! It would be perfect for a build I've already been designing for a future build even though I haven't finished the first one (with two more also in progress..). I'll be keeping my eye out for a similar piece locally and see if I can incorporate it.

I'll also be keeping an eye on your build log to see what other ideas I can steal... er... see what a beautiful piece of art you produce! ;D

;D keep an eye out for M4 brass thumbscrews for me too? never mind I got some on the way! They came :>!
    Last edited by Manadono; 08-11-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Default Frame and Screws and stuff - 01-01 update

some shots of it pristine and assembled before it has to get messy again as I fill it with holes:

and now all of you with a sensitivity to poor machining please look away!

and now for some brass, steel, and brass coloured steel

If anyone needs to know how to colour steel like that, be aware the first step is "DON'T BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN", every other step is also this.

[update]

The actual 6 screws I'll be using to mount the shroud and secure the internal chassis with, and a factory stock for reference. I polish the screws to a 600# satin and them buff them with gold compound. I hand torched these so the finish is a little uneven between screws but that's cool. I was worried that one had gone purple, but it seems to be ok :>.
    Last edited by Manadono; 08-16-2016 at 05:34 PM.

This is definitely how Obi-wan cut the holes in his 'saber on Tatooine

Are we having fun yet mate?.... Looking good bro keep it up...oh and bro don't burn your house down...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Are we having fun yet mate?.... Looking good bro keep it up...oh and bro don't burn your house down...
    you know that hand bored hole turned out nicer than the one the drill did :>... I managed to not burn my house down too! bonus!!!