Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jakes first saber!

Also Mr Greenie it's not wrapped around the crystal it's actually about maybe a little more than an 1/8 of an inch away from it. The base for the cc is a part from an old disc drive I had laying around so I have the "escape" parts mounted in the slots that are in that piece along with a couple tumbles from a broken locking electrical switch I had. I really need to post better pictures.....lol

I am very sorry Iam necroposting but I just realized I never posted actual completion pics. Wont happen again.

Thanks man! I have been toying around with the idea of weathering it.... but Iam not sure yet

Excellent work Jake. Like that shroud and the wrap looks very well done.

Greenie

Looking good...I never thought of trying a wrap with that particular hilt but it looks nice and 'grippy' with that groove pattern; very comfortable I'd bet...the brass accents are cool too. I think a little weathering could really add to it but even as-is very nice. BRAVO!

Blog Entries

Very nice.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    Looking good...I never thought of trying a wrap with that particular hilt but it looks nice and 'grippy' with that groove pattern; very comfortable I'd bet...the brass accents are cool too. I think a little weathering could really add to it but even as-is very nice. BRAVO!
    It is very grippy lol. Nice and comfy too! I think brass is a great accent metal. I was thinking about doing a blaster hole through the shroud and choke and doing a blade color imitating led in there along with some other weathering.

Thanks for all the praises guys Iam happy with how it turned out. And thasks to everybody that help me trouble shoot it when I was getting it together *cough greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Thanks for all the praises guys Iam happy with how it turned out. And thasks to everybody that help me trouble shoot it when I was getting it together *cough greenie
    I don't recall but I'm glad I helped and you are most welcome. It's a fine looking saber.