Thread: Interim saber for my son

Default Interim saber for my son

Hi everyone!

Actually I didn't want to post pictures of this saber, because it's of a very simple design and build. It was a Christmas present for my eight years old son last year and I only had less than three weeks to buy all necessary tools and parts and build it. I originally intended the saber I started to build first (which is still a long way from being completed) to be my first presentation. But there are so very few new entries, since the whole saber community seems to be busy working on their Hero Graflexes and crossguard sabers - Thanks to TFA
    Therefore, as a longtime lurker on this forum as well as the FX-Sabers forum, I'm always glad, when a new saber is presented, so I wanted to refresh the gallery thread and post this one anyway...

Some specs:
    Eviscerated C-cell Maglite body (for a smaller diameter to make it easier to wield for an eight years old)
    MHS pommel and bladeholder
    Dual layer shroud from scratch
    Luxeon star LED with 4 amber dice (his favorite blade color)
    3.7V li-ion battery with recharge port (in the circular cutout, where you usually would expect to find Graflex pins)
    MR LukeANH soundboard

I know it's nothing special, but hope you will enjoy it anyway.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Derro Kuspin; 01-23-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Well, I believe you can be proud of this saber.
    The design is clean and flows very well, I like it very much !

Looks amazing great work

Really love the layering on the shrouds, it looks very elegant. The knurling underneath from the mag lite makes it all tie together really well. Your son must be the coolest kid in school.

Very nice saber. Great job!

Nothing special my ass! That is a mighty fine looking saber. Nice work, especially in the time frame

Very nice saber indeed. Loving the blade color. Something hardly seen =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Thank you all for the nice feedback! I didn't expect that this quick shot saber would get that much attention...

Don't knock it, that's a great looking saber. Especially considering how quickly you built it.