Greets.

Ok, so I am a newb and still doing LOTS of forum reading, LOTS of youtube watching and LOTS of planning.

One thing I do know is that I want to use a photon blade, and I don't need to wait for the new batch of colours, since green is my thing (for this build, at least) and I have a supply of appropriate LEDs to make that thing pop.

These photons come only in 1inch thin blade format.

The inner diameter of 1inch thin is 7/8th, soooooooo I could in theory slip a 7/8th thin blade inside it and make myself a thick-walled blade (I was thinking trans-white would be a good idea)

Firstly.. thoughts on that?

Secondly, I might want to play around with also using blade diffuser too, and I suspect it would be MUCH better used further out towards the edge of the blade. That is to say, if I had my compound blade as described above, I'd prefer to try and squeeze a diffuser for 1inch thin between them, than have one for 1inch thick and then both the tubes.

In short, I'm proposing a sandwich of inch thin photon, 1inch thin diffuser, and then 7/8th thin something else.. clear or trans-white, to effect a well diffused, thick-walled photon blade.

Now, I am certainly willing to play around, do some sanding etc and experiment to try and make that work, but it sounds like a very tight squeeze..

Many of you are experience bladesmiths and intimately know the parts I'm talking about, whereas I am merely an idea-smith right now.
So if you are reading this and something like "BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG LOL good f-ing luck with THAT!" has come to mind, I'd rather know about it now than spend time, money and morale on it.

This will be a stringblade btw, so I am more concerned with diffusion than optical losses.

Thanks for any help.

J