Thread: Pommel #4 fitting troubles (obi style)

Default Pommel #4 fitting troubles (obi style)

So currently I am designing a saber inspired by Darth Revans using MHSv1 parts. While planning the build I've been modeling each part in CAD to make sure everything will fit correctly when I recieve them....

Revan Saber Exterior.jpg

REVAN CHASSIS.jpg

REVAN MHS BUILDER_EXPLODED.jpg

Everything looked good up until I realized my obi-wan style pommel #4 (POM4) will not fit with my current chassis design.
    (This pommel: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Po...e-4-P1071.aspx )

My chassis relies on the custom saber shops metal chassis disk to retain itself inbetween the male threading of the pommel and the female threading of the 3in extension near the bottom. Pommel style 4 apparently does not fit speaker mounts as far inside of it as other pommels do, due to its skinny choke point. Heres a cross section thru the hilt for reference of what I mean:

Speaker Mount- Pommel Crash.jpg

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? what other chassis retention methods can be used in this situation??

I DO have enough room to move the chassis farther up in the hilt a bit, but how would I retain it?

Use the MHS speaker mount V5. It has a lip built into it, near the speaker end.

Part of it depends on what exactly will be held by said chassis. You have options, you just need to explore them some more.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Can't believe I missed that part Nano, thanks for that.