Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Greyflex Build Log

Trim them by half and solder your wires sideways

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Trim them by half and solder your wires sideways
    I think that will be the plan.

My actual biggest nemesis here will be the LED resistors. I need to make sure they are small. I have a non-lit switch on standby if I need to eliminate a wire and a resistor to help things fit. I plan to light the CC from the bottom for sure (maybe top too if I have room).

If you plan on using the accent pads for the LEDs, then use the little SMD resistors that go on the board. Zero extra space taken up

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    If you plan on using the accent pads for the LEDs, then use the little SMD resistors that go on the board. Zero extra space taken up
    Good call. I am still deciding how I will run the CC LED.

Don't forget you can put a resistor at any point between A and B, even routing the wire where there may be a little more space to fit

As I wait for chassis discs...

I am considering doing a leather wrap handle that will be aged appropriately for the weathering. I would use trim rings and a 4" extension. That may add a very different touch to a Graflex inspired build.

Progress!!

Started the CC. Had to drill and tap the chassis discs. I really did not have the best tools for this but made do.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Still a ton of work to do, but not a bad start. This will be a small CC (<1") so need to look a creative ways to make it cool.

Great start! Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Lots of holes for lots of greeblies!

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    Lots of holes for lots of greeblies!
    And wire pass through.