Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greyflex Build Log

Default Greyflex Build Log

Well, quite a few parts arrived today for my Graflex inspired build that I am calling Greyflex.

BH 20
    TCSS Glass Eye
    4" extension with cutouts for switch box #2.
    Double male extension
    Prizm
    Various chassis and CC parts
    Battery (not pictured)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I still need quite a few CC and chassis parts, handle, pommel, Kobold D ring, switches and a few other odds and ends.

Made final crustal selection. I am limited in space, so my entire CC has to be 1". This is perfect. I really like the inclusions here. Makes it look tainted.

It's good to see someone else is using faucet seats for crystal holders I like the dirty crystal. Usually they light up quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    It's good to see someone else is using faucet seats for crystal holders I like the dirty crystal. Usually they light up quite well.
    I bought two different sizes. I will need to get the oddball taps for them so I can drill and tap the aluminum chassis disc.

These seem perfect for mounting the accent LED.

Got some brass pipe in today that may do well for the reveal chassis design. Fits perfect in the MHS parts.

Looking at the feasibility of mounting the battery underneath the switch box.

I think the monentary switches are not going to be an issue, but the recharge port may be???

The recharge port will definitely be a problem. You could mount the recharge port in the pommel.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    The recharge port will definitely be a problem. You could mount the recharge port in the pommel.
    Issue there is that I want to do a full reveal and just be able to unscrew the handle/pommel. If I am able to relocate the battery, there will plenty of room to put the recharge port in the chassis, I will then just have to figure out a good way to put the kill key in and still be able to reattach the handle.

You can also trim down the legs on the recharge port to allow it to fit on top of the battery (assuming it's also going in the switch box).

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    You can also trim down the legs on the recharge port to allow it to fit on top of the battery (assuming it's also going in the switch box).
    That is a good idea. Bend or trim them. Same with the aux switch.

If I can move the battery here, it opens up for a more elaborate CC.