Thread: 2004 master replicas esb luke skywalker how to disasemble

Default **official how dismantle 2004 mr esb luke skywalker lightsaber

SO AFTER HUNTING FOR A THREAD AND WRITING NUMEROUS AMOUNTS OF PEOPLE TO HELP FIGURE OUT HOW TO BREAK THIS SABER APART AND CONVERT WITH NO SUCCESS, I JUST GAVE UP AND FIGURED IT OUT. I HAVE TO SAY I WAS PRETTY SUCCESSFUL WITH JUST DAMAGING ONE KNOW VERY SLIGHTLY AND WILL NEVER BE NOTICEABLE, BUT HEY AT LEAST NOW EVERYONE THAT WANTS TO TAKE IT APART WILL BE ABLE TO AVOID DAMAGING ANYTHING.

ENJOY FRIENDS

**** Get a little sandwich bag so you don't lose any of these small parts******

Here is a pic of the tools I used to complete this job
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1. Unscrew the little flathead screw (no pic needed)

2. Now you will have to use your imagination with these pics as I just finished taking this apart

3. Now the one part that I couldn't figure was the knobs. I have read in another posting that they would have to be popped off. When that is not true. I cracked some plastic at the bottom of the knob while prying it with the orange panel tool. I stopped flashed a light in there and saw a screw. I just turned with some force and it unscrewed....lol. So needless to say the power button was easier. With some force it will just unscrew.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

4. Now that buttons are off now it's time to pop the little accent brass knobs (4 of them). I use some small needle nose vise grips pliers. Pops out pretty easily.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Markgarcia10; 01-19-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Step 5. Pull off the rectangle accent flat knob. I used small wide flat tip vise grips

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Step 6. Next drill out the rivets and the base of the hilt

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Step 7. Pull out the threaded ring that you screw your pommel into.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

*****Please keep in mind that it may not be easy to just pull it out by hand, so find some padded carpet or a very well padded rug and drop it about 12 inches pommel end to the ground and it will slide out just enough to be able to remove it******

Step 8. Your going to drop it again until the battery sleeve comes out.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Step 9. Now this time instead of dropping it you will need to hold the blade and hit the padded area in the same manner you dropped it. This being because the blade is connected to everything else and a rubber bushing at the top holds it pretty tight. It will slowly slide out and walla your done. Now just remember the on/off switch is not permanently attached so be careful so that it doesn't hit the floor and you step on it, that would suck. I almost did it.

image.jpg

Step 10. What I did next was laid the blade on the counter and pushed battery pack against the blade and turned it on to ensure nothing was broken.

image.jpg

Side note I read that it was needed to remove the rod on the ears at the top of the hilt.
    NOT NEEDED SO DONT DO IT

image.jpg
    Last edited by Markgarcia10; 01-19-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Well guys and gals I hope this helps. I will shortly post a thread of the conversion right after I get my parts in the mail.

May the force be with you!

Mark

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted when you get your parts.Would love to follow your conversion thread!

Hi Mark - have you received your conversion parts yet? It would be great to see the details of your conversion when you have the chance.

Hi, thanks for the great advice, I am trying it here in Australia. For rug any specific brand?
    I just get Rug Culture Rugs online in Australia @ Wholesale Prices.