Thread: Total newb!!!

Default Total newb!!!

Hello all. I'm a total newb as the title says. I've just recently decided that I want to build a lightsaber to call my own. After checking out some online shops I think it might be a little more cost effective to build my own (not to mention I'll enjoy the finished product better). Any advice or pointers to start out will be appreciated.

Also I'm more aligned with the dark side if that's of any interest (I'm sure it is but I'm still stumbling through this forum like a newborn pup).

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to the Forums!

There are some excellent how-to videos on The Custom Saber Shop YouTube channel. Keep in mind, however, that there are a million ways to build sabers and those videos only describe a few. Use them as a starting point, and then do lots and lots of reading The Plecter Labs sound board manuals are a good place to get lots of info. I see a lot of people watch the TCSS videos and try to build the exact setup described in the video, without ever learning much for themselves, and then they run into problems or end up asking silly questions.

Welcome to the forums, you total newb, you.

Just remember, you don't have to start out by digging through the search bar for information, (it's hard when you don't know what you're searching for,) but people are asking and answering questions every day around here. Hang around, keep your peepers open and I bet you'll learn a thing or two... You can start searching when you get a better idea of what you don't know.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.