Thread: Still learning the ways of the force

Default Still learning the ways of the force

I'm not sure why it took me this long to join this forum. I'm a star wars addict, I think this is the best way to describe myself. Been reading these forums for the past year, but just never joined. Well now I want to build my first saber and I'm very much looking forward to it!!! Gonna keep reading and watching the youtube videos, which are amazing!!!

Question for some of the veterans, for a first saber build is it a good idea for me to purchase the Graflex 2.0 saber kit? This seems like it comes with the standard parts and I can build on this as part become available. It says it comes with a 7/8 blade holder, should I wait for the 1" blade holder? Is 1" better or more appealing than the 7/8 blade? Thanks for any input you have guys!!!

Peter

In my opinion it depends on how good you are at coming up with your own solutions to problems. The graflex 2.0 kit, while meant to accept installs, is still not as "user-friendly" as an MHS saber. Everything is modular and fits together nicely with an MHS saber, while with the graflex 2.0 kit you will have to find other peoples' solutions to do the install or come up with your own, because there are no standardized parts to build a full chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    In my opinion it depends on how good you are at coming up with your own solutions to problems. The graflex 2.0 kit, while meant to accept installs, is still not as "user-friendly" as an MHS saber. Everything is modular and fits together nicely with an MHS saber, while with the graflex 2.0 kit you will have to find other peoples' solutions to do the install or come up with your own, because there are no standardized parts to build a full chassis.
    Thanks for the info NanoRex!! When you say full chasis, you mean with a crystal, LED, batteries, sound, etc? Or just the batteries and sound? I guess I see what you're saying. I'd like to give it a try. And patience is key so I'd be in no rush.

By full chassis I mean enough to hold all of the main components (battery, recharge port, sound board, speaker, LED) plus any other bells and whistles that you may want. The main challenges I can see right away include the LED since you will need a smaller heat sink than the ones offered in the store, and securing the chassis inside the saber. I suggest you read some threads from others who have done installs on the graflex 2.0, and see what you can find. Good luck!