Thread: Wiring Questions Saber Build 01-01

Default Wiring Questions Saber Build 01-01

Just got a quick couple of questions about wiring with some 'high end' parts.

Please bear with me a little, all the electronics I learned in school was mechanical and based on the properties of materials, rather than practical circuit building, thus I may sound like an idiot more times than some can bear through this thread :>.

when wiring a tri-cree to a CF board with a CeX, am I right in thinking the LEDs do not share the same ground? I'm sure everyone and their mums doesn't want 6 wires coming down from the LED fixture, but if it's unavoidable it's ok!

when wiring a RICE port, can the 'negative to battery' attach anywhere along the -ve line (for instance the -ve to board on the recharge port)?

will a 20mA LED require a resistor if it's wired into an accent LED position on the board? I've read that the maximum amperage over these spots is 18mA, but the voltage (3.3) is considerably higher than the recommended Vf of the LED (2.0). I calculated the required resistor to be between 73 and 65 ohms, but I'm not sure which way I should be biased (max LED output or max board output).

What are JST connectors called in England?

How stoked are you all for CF8.0!?!?!?!

[EDIT]
    just found a swish little circuit diagram program, if anyone wants to criticise my present understanding it's all just there vvv
    http://www.digikey.co.uk/schemeit/embed/#2hka
    Last edited by Manadono; 01-19-2016 at 11:15 AM.

When wired to separate current regulators, the LEDs cannot share the same ground because then the current regulators would not be able to do their job.

Technically you can wire the RICE port to any negative, but the manual states that this could potentially cause problems when connecting to a computer, so it's best to connect it to the battery negative.

I am also curious to know this about a 20mA LED and the accent pads.

Lastly I am super stoked for the CFv8. I have a cool project in mind that uses the new tangible font selection feature

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    When wired to separate current regulators, the LEDs cannot share the same ground because then the current regulators would not be able to do their job.

Technically you can wire the RICE port to any negative, but the manual states that this could potentially cause problems when connecting to a computer, so it's best to connect it to the battery negative.

I am also curious to know this about a 20mA LED and the accent pads.

Lastly I am super stoked for the CFv8. I have a cool project in mind that uses the new tangible font selection feature
    Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to not fry my precious toast when I get it hahaha!

Are you also thinking of wiring an AV switch LED to the one stage PLI? Do you think that with enough resistance you could use the current output over 4 pads to create a variable output single LED PLI, or possibly an animated one?