Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Diagrams Please?

Lightbulb Wiring Diagrams Please?

Hello All,

I'm am new to saber-smithing and am working on my first build. Using a Petit Crouton Sound Board, I would like the brightest blade possible with sound and flash on clash. I would also like it to be medium to heavy dueling. I would like to use a 12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Red Ring Switch for the ignition and aux. switches. Does anyone out there have a complete wiring diagram that fits close to this that I could follow? I've attached a diagram I have so far. Corrections and improvements are greatly appreciated!

PC Sound Board wiring diagram.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited by jsummit; 01-19-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Check out the manual. There are plenty of diagrams in it that will show you how to wire the board.

Also, throw out the Buckpuck. The PC has a LED driver built in.

Your LED appears to be wired incorrectly. Each die is controlled by the pads on either side of it. You hooked up pads that are next to each other, instead of the ones next to each die.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Check out the manual. There are plenty of diagrams in it that will show you how to wire the board.

Also, throw out the Buckpuck. The PC has a LED driver built in.

Your LED appears to be wired incorrectly. Each die is controlled by the pads on either side of it. You hooked up pads that are next to each other, instead of the ones next to each die.
    Okay, thanks. I'll make that fix.

Any advice on wiring the ign and aux switches?

Manual

Checked out the manual, but it didn't explain where each contact is wired to the board. The AV red ring switch has 4 contacts. I need to know where to wire each of those.

Two of the contacts are for the switch itself. The other two are for the accent LED inside the switch. You can wire those up like any other accent LED, as described in the manual.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by jsummit View Post
    Checked out the manual, but it didn't explain where each contact is wired to the board. The AV red ring switch has 4 contacts. I need to know where to wire each of those.
    Yes it is in the manual on page 13 to be specific.

The specific wiring of the switch itself is dependent on the switch you purchased, there are 4 leads because you have a switch +/- and an led +/-. You will need to find or figure out which leads are which. If you cannot locate a schematic for the switch you purchased A good multimeter can help you determine which ones are for the switch.

Excellent, thanks. Think I've got it. I just talked to Tim too and here's my fixed diagram. Let me know if anything else needs to be fixed.

PC sound board wiring diagram.jpg

The image is incredibly small and difficult to read, but from what I can see your diagram looks correct, assuming you have resistors for your AV switch LEDs. If you don't, a good option for those is the DynaOhm variable resistor sold in the store if you have the space.

EDIT: It looks like you have a resistor on your main dice. You won't need that because the PC has an on-board current regulator.