Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenie II. The custom saber

Default Greenie II. The custom saber

So, I didn't want you to think I was just sitting here with a bag of coins, throwing my 2cents in every now and then.lol
    I finished my first build, last year, when my blade arrived on my birthday ( a present to myself). I did, however, receive a better one. My Dad bought me a mini (350mm centre) metal working lathe, perfect for this new found hobby.
    What started as a practice, developed into saber number two for my 6yr old daughter. She loves jewels and gems and Frozen and now thanks to me, Star Wars. I was kinda making it up as I went along, using scrap parts and ally tube aquired over time but as it came together my 'little princess' had some input.
    It's technically still a work in progress with more etching and securing to do but work commitments and family life have slowed me down. Any who, enough of the back story, here's what I built

NB2, PEX, tri-Cree rB/R/W, PLI, 20mm speaker reverse sound (in choke), 3.7V Li-Ion 18500 and recharge port in the pommel

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Although it's hard to tell from a photo, the blade is what I'm calling 'Ice blue'. The red FOC looks pink as was intended.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg. image.jpg

Managed to get a shot of the FOC!

image.jpg

Thank you all for looking. Greenie

Very cool! I love the little jewel greeblies and activation button

Blog Entries

Dude, this awesome!! I knew you had something nice cooking, but I didn't know this nice . I really like that it's themed, but you managed it in a very tasteful manner. The etching is especially nice.

I'm sure she is over the moon for this. Great job!

What's the size on it? I can convert metric

I've asked others, but what is your impression of the 20mm speaker?

Love the jewels on the hilt and as the switch! There's just the right amount of jewels on it to make it look flashy, but not too gaudy
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Nice work !! I like the engraving

Thank you for the kind words

DC. The main hilt is actually the size of the ID of MHS v1. Oh yes, I have some left for number 3. Some kind of internal chassis in a Goodman style (but nothing even close lol). May just take some inspiration from your number4
    As for the speaker, meh! It's ok but I had a bit of an obsession with reverse sound, so it's in the choke. I've got holes for venting in the snowflake etching but I feel it needs more. Still thinking how to do it subtlety. WIP 90/95%

Very nice saber. I like the etching/engraving.