Thread: NB v3 2 amp limit

Default NB v3 2 amp limit

The Nano Biscotte manual states that the high power LEDs have a 2 amp limit. Does this refer to the High Power Led pad only? Does anyone know the limit for the FoC pad or a Power Indicator LED?

Thank you.

That's just for the main LED. You can run 2 dice of a Tri-Cree or Tri-Rebel at 1000mA each for a total of 2A. You can also run the 3rd die for FoC without issue.

Accent LEDs are typically 20mA or so, so you won't have any issues with them.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Yes, it applies to the Main LED pads. The "limit" for the FoC is whatever is left over after the 2A discharge for the main LEDs (probably less than 1A). The Power Indicator is 20mA if you use the 3.3V pad.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Yes, it applies to the Main LED pads. The "limit" for the FoC is whatever is left over after the 2A discharge for the main LEDs (probably less than 1A). The Power Indicator is 20mA if you use the 3.3V pad.
    I emailed Erv the same question when the v3 came out. His response was on the v3 it is per pad (main and FoC). Below is the exact language used.

2A (suggested) per channel. The channel part should wisthand 5A with no drive adjustment.
    erv'

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    I emailed Erv the same question when the v3 came out. His response was on the v3 it is per pad (main and FoC). Below is the exact language used.
    I believe that's what I said. Also, batteries don't normally dish out 5 Amps - hence the reason why I answered the question the way I did.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I believe that's what I said. Also, batteries don't normally dish out 5 Amps - hence the reason why I answered the question the way I did.
    Sorry to Necro the thread.. So a single 18650 battery is traditionally 3.4 amps?

Would their be any benefit brightness wise to running a quad blue all wired in parallel (I think they are nominally 1 amp each) on the main channel of a NB3 rather than just running 2 in parallel? Not looking at using the FOC channel.
    I could be Arca Jeth if only I had his lightsaber, could pull off wearing all orange and wasn't so darned angry

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Sorry to Necro the thread.. So a single 18650 battery is traditionally 3.4 amps?

Would their be any benefit brightness wise to running a quad blue all wired in parallel (I think they are nominally 1 amp each) on the main channel of a NB3 rather than just running 2 in parallel? Not looking at using the FOC channel.
    Nope. You most likely would NOT like the results.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines