Thread: Quick Question

Default Quick Question

Quick Question, you can lock and throw this away. But I haven't found anything to completely answer this.

Is all a conversion kit just to take a pre-made hilt with sounds so you can improve the LED and place a far more durable blade on it Or am I missing the point?

Side question, in a case like Kylo Ren where a kit does not exist, what parts would I need to install the new LED and a bladeholder?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraltor View Post
    Quick Question, you can lock and throw this away. But I haven't found anything to completely answer this.

Is all a conversion kit just to take a pre-made hilt with sounds so you can improve the LED and place a far more durable blade on it Or am I missing the point?
    That's the general idea.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks! I guess I gathered that this was the case, but I looked at different reviews and descriptions and just got a wee bit confused. So thanks again for the clarification.

I don't know if the owner could grace this, but was curious how much it'd cost me to pay someone to convert it? Specifically the owner since it's his forums on this note lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibraltor View Post
    Thanks! I guess I gathered that this was the case, but I looked at different reviews and descriptions and just got a wee bit confused. So thanks again for the clarification.

I don't know if the owner could grace this, but was curious how much it'd cost me to pay someone to convert it? Specifically the owner since it's his forums on this note lol.
    I'm sure that you could probably find someone in the Mining Colony over of FX-Sabers who might be able to help you out, when the time comes.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You da bomb FJK!

Hello

i have a quick question about this 2005 Master Replica Luke ROTJ conversion to luxeon : the link to lens holder is outdated i think and it goes here http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Default.aspx

wich lens holder could i use today to be ok and convert mine
    and wich blade should i chose? there are many diameters

Thank you for answer

There's only one style of lens holder available for the single-die LED stars.
    As for blades, any of the 1 inch styles should work. If you're going to duel, or smack things really hard with your saber, go with one of the "battle" blades.

The problem is that i can't find a conversion kit... Out of stock everywhere... So i can find the led easily... But the metal tube ??? How can i do... This tube inserts itself in the sabre and the blade inserts itself in this tube

Is ther a solution to this tube?
    please help me

I am having the same problem

I'm in the process of converting my ROTJ luke green saber and have read many tutorials and looked at lots of pictures, but i think most of them are a bit out of date. I do not see the "rainbow" of wires that come from the led in the blade. I have a clash sensor and motion sensor on a small board with 3 wires (yellow, orange and brown) and there is another set of 2 wires (orange and brown) going to the sound board. How are these wires used for connecting? The tutorial says the brown is positive, but now i have 2 browns from 2 sources. Can anyone offer up some help on this? I can upload pictures if necessary. Thanks in advance!