Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Led stays on!

Quote Originally Posted by don_gt69 View Post
    what was your issue you were having? and i might just have to spend a day and try and re wire everything,.
    Sorry for the late reply- But I was having the same exact issues and symptoms you're currently experiencing. Everything worked fine and was wired up correctly and quite well- I rewired the boards, tried different boards, ports and switches even too lol! The last thing i tried was new batteries- not only did that fix my problem- I went through my original battery pack I made to see if anything was loose, touching or didn't look right etc... there were a couple of spots on the joints that ended up being slightly weak and were touching through the hot glue. I went through the work again and retested my original battery after everything and it worked like a charm with no more symptoms of my LED staying on! (thank god lol)

Lesson learned- always always check the batteries first! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Count Malik View Post
    Sorry for the late reply- But I was having the same exact issues and symptoms you're currently experiencing. Everything worked fine and was wired up correctly and quite well- I rewired the boards, tried different boards, ports and switches even too lol! The last thing i tried was new batteries- not only did that fix my problem- I went through my original battery pack I made to see if anything was loose, touching or didn't look right etc... there were a couple of spots on the joints that ended up being slightly weak and were touching through the hot glue. I went through the work again and retested my original battery after everything and it worked like a charm with no more symptoms of my LED staying on! (thank god lol)

Lesson learned- always always check the batteries first! haha
    So got the batteries and everything was great for the first hour....... then!!! I look over at the saber and it's emitting light! A dim light but it's still off. I'm going to try and add some photos of the set up I'm using with the board. Also I took everything out to make sure I wasn't shorting on the saber it self and turned it on same issue. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this.

added photos on the first post!

Could the burn on the red wire just above the heat shrink have exposed a strand?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by don_gt69 View Post
    added photos on the first post!
    Where did you add the photos??

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Where did you add the photos??
    There is a link to my photo bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Could the burn on the red wire just above the heat shrink have exposed a strand?
    I was thinking the same thing but no wire is exposed and I isolated it to make sure and problem still exist.

Blog Entries

I was busting your chops regarding the huge font

Not sure what the issue you're having is, but I did notice you said you used super glue. While not conductive, the real issue is that when some super glues are heated to a certain temperature they can release cyanide gas... I would avoid using it any further.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    I was busting your chops regarding the huge font

Not sure what the issue you're having is, but I did notice you said you used super glue. While not conductive, the real issue is that when some super glues are heated to a certain temperature they can release cyanide gas... I would avoid using it any further.
    good looking out on the superglue tip, noted for sure. and i was thinking you were busting m chops but i couldn't e to safe. lol

OK SO I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tore everything apart and started over!!!! new wires new solder. i seen were i had a what they call a "cold Solder" on the NBV2 and re did that. that was really the only thing i seen that wasn't right but i still did the entire thing over!!! talk about a pain in the butt. LOL... thank you all who commented and helped me out through this problem. ill try to get another video up of my saber completed. (before or after paint ? or both? hmmmm,,,, lol. ether way. thank you everyone and yes your solder joints matter a great deal!!!