Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NVB won't turn off, constantly plays swing sounds if picked up

The charger usually has a red light when charging and green when it's done.

Ok so I was thinking I might have bridged 2 pads but I don't think I did. My soldering is no masterpiece but in the image I see green between the pads. Maybe I need to let the battery charge all day? Its been charging for maybe 2 hours. My charger doesn't have a light indicator so I need to get one of those. I can turn the blade on and off, FoC is working perfectly. Just keeps making swing sounds while resting.

Looks like the board is sitting right next to your speaker, so you might need to adjust it's sensitivity. It is likely reacting to the vibration from the speaker and triggering the swing effects.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Looks like the board is sitting right next to your speaker, so you might need to adjust it's sensitivity. It is likely reacting to the vibration from the speaker and triggering the swing effects.
    Oh wow really? So just take down the swing sensitivity? I didn't think it was that sensitive. I actually hope this is the case. I'll try this tonight when I get home from work. Also gonna get a charger that has a led indicator so I'll know when the battery is fully charged. Thanks Jay-Gon Jinn. Is the speaker causing the board to act up a common occurrence?

Especially if you're using the mega bass speaker, yes.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Especially if you're using the mega bass speaker, yes.
    Indeed I am using the super bass speaker. As far as sensitivity goes, I'm assuming the default is still set at i = 53. Would you have a suggestion as far as a number to decrease it to? I'll just start decreasing by 1 and go from there. Also is this the parameter I should be decreasing?

That is the value I would start with....you may have to raise the ls threshold as well, but start with the i setting.

That is the value I would start with....you may have to raise the ls threshold as well, but start with the i setting.
    Jay-gon, it's working perfectly now. Had to raise the low swing to around 99 and just bumped up the high swing and FoC value. Some of the lower swings aren't registering, but high swings are and FoC is working perfectly. Thanks so much for the help!!! Also may try and design a chassis with the board near the top. Just wanted the crystal chamber near the top so I could reveal it right away. I'll sacrifice some low swings for it working properly.

Make a note of your current settings (since it's working OKish now) and then keep fiddling with it when you feel like it. So long as you have a copy of the current settings, you'll never have to worry about screwing it up so badly that you can't remember how to fix it.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Make a note of your current settings (since it's working OKish now) and then keep fiddling with it when you feel like it. So long as you have a copy of the current settings, you'll never have to worry about screwing it up so badly that you can't remember how to fix it.
    Good call Silver!! It's like Christmas morning today : )