Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NVB won't turn off, constantly plays swing sounds if picked up

Glad you got it working to your liking, and as usual, Silver had good advice on writing down the settings. If you received design the chassis to put the board near the front, you may have to the other way on the settings.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I just finished a build with an NB v2 and am getting the constant swing issue, but only with light meat sounds. Switching to dark meat chills it out and it runs fine. Fully charging had no effect. When I take the unit out of the hilt, still wired, it goes quiet.

Next steps:

There is a resistor on the main LEDS (which are in parallel just like in Madcow's video). I might need to bump it up but the math seems to checkout.

OR

Sensitivity setting are wrong. Will tune.

OR

Volume set to high, increasing current draw, or vibration. (I noticed some one solving this problem that way.)

OR

Folding the wires is making a bridge somewhere. Time to sap strap and clean up the bundle.

What does it mean!?!?
    Last edited by LyleStyle; 03-22-2016 at 08:34 AM.

Although Madcow uses 1 resistor for 2 dies, the general consensus is to use 1 on each die. FJK has previously suggested that improper wiring of resistors in this way can cause errant swings with the NB.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Although Madcow uses 1 resistor for 2 dies, the general consensus is to use 1 on each die. FJK has previously suggested that improper wiring of resistors in this way can cause errant swings with the NB.
    Interesting. I resolved it by changing the placement of the board (rotating it), but that's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DoodaMaffs View Post
    Interesting. I resolved it by changing the placement of the board (rotating it), but that's very helpful.
    Loose/broken wire, too close to the speaker or is there a functional reasoning for this? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Loose/broken wire, too close to the speaker or is there a functional reasoning for this? Just curious.
    About an hour of swing time and the problem returned. I had reused a jst connected wire set and the connector was loose. To be sure I rewired 4 of the pads. I had 3 wires spun together on each of the neg and pos pads, and split them into a 2 on top, 1 one the bottom set up. The speaker wires got replaced and shortened. While I was at it I migrated some new sound fonts (all from chips I bought or saberfont.com).

A long test seems to prove its running smooth. So, yeah, a loose wire was prob it. If it comes back, I'll add that resistor.