Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NVB won't turn off, constantly plays swing sounds if picked up

Default NVB won't turn off, constantly plays swing sounds if picked up

So, I wired a NBv2 with no recharge port or FoC, using page 9 of the manual. I hooked everything up and it will change soundfonts while off and start up no problem, but won't power down when I hold down the switch. It registers the long press on the switch for soundfont changing and I've used two different switches so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Also if I pick it up at all, it starts looping swing sounds one after another.

Regarding the swinging sounds...
    1. Are the batteries fully charged?
    2. Do you have resistors on the main die(dice)?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Regarding the swinging sounds...
    1. Are the batteries fully charged?
    2. Do you have resistors on the main die(dice)?
    Not sure on the first - this was a fresh out of the box battery from TCSS. The second is a yes, I have a resistor on it, I believe 1.8 ohms. I'm using an LED that once went to a US saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Crims View Post
    Not sure on the first - this was a fresh out of the box battery from TCSS. The second is a yes, I have a resistor on it, I believe 1.8 ohms. I'm using an LED that once went to a US saber.
    I would try fully charging the battery first.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Ok, I charged the battery fully which solved the swing sounds. It still won't turn off though.

I found one other person having this problem, didn't see a resolution on it. I also checked the settings file and the power off time is set to 200, as it should be.

You may have bridged two pads

Do you have a latching switch, or momentary switch?

The NB only takes a momentary switch.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I made sure it's a momentary. I can try resoldering if necessary.

I resoldered the speaker wires only (and drilled a separate hole in the chassis for them so they wouldn't cross the board. Works normally now!

EDIT - and now back to where I was before after one wire broke off and had to be resoldered. Ugh.

EDIT 2 - After a bunch of re-soldering it works. THANK THE MAKER.
    Last edited by Crims; 01-16-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I would try fully charging the battery first.
    Finished soldering everything last night and I'm also having this issue. So I plugged the charger in. FJK, I'm hoping it's just a charge issue. If it is, how do I know it's fully charged? How long do you normally charge it for?