Thread: Looking for good ol'CF v4 SD card contents

Question Looking for good ol'CF v4 SD card contents

Hi everyone !

(insert boring but nonetheless mandatory presentation)

I'm starting to feel old but I started building sabers in... 2005, 2006 I think ? After being utterly disappointed with my MR FX purchase. I used the first CF, and then I was hooked ! A few sabers were made, until, a few years later, time and priorities didn't align anymore... Last time I built one, I used a CF v4. Anyway. I had lots of parts in advance and I could never throw them out, so in a dusty box they went. Timewarp to today...

(now let's get to the main point...)

So I was cleaning up a bit, and I found some "old" spare parts... and then I found a few CF ! A v1.2 and a v4.0. I quickly wired them up, and lo and behold, they're perfeclty functional... except for the SD cards.

With the recent SW revival, one of my friend's kids went crazy when I showed him one of my old saber (a Vador MRFX converted to CF 1.2...) and I thought I could maybe manage to build him a correct one.

Plecterlabs' website doesn't host anymore the old CF packages, and i tried to search the interwebs but without success. I tried to... erm... "Frankenstein" the SD card contents. I managed to boot the CF so I assume it's working OK (boot sound heard, at least), but I can't go any further without the correct configuration. the config files are too different from the other versions.

The one I'm most interested in is the V4.0 (I think any sub-version would work with it). Bonus hugs if you happen to have a SD card from a V1.2

I don't care for special fonts or anything like that. If it's stock, cool, but as long as it works...

Anyway, thanks for reading !

Welcome to the Forums.

If you send Erv' a message through his site, he may still have a link to the default files for the CF v4 that he can send you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Send an email off to Erv over at Plecterlabs. Since he built those boards, he may still have copies of the old config files.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!