Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Building my first Graflex...now what?

Did u get it saber bay on etsy?

And I'm using a blue blue white led it seems to be the favorite on here

Yep! got it through saber bay on etsy! same blue/blue/white config as well...lol
    what are you running for your electricals?

Nano bascotte V3 basic internal charge plug no external I don't want to cut up the hilt

Nice! yeah, it would be a shame to drill into it...
    do you use an LED driver?

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    The 18650 doesn't have enough voltage to drive a buckpuck. You'll need a resistor for your LED. Check out this thread for details.
    did the calculations on the calculator you sent and this is what I got...

Screen Shot 2016-01-16 at 2.38.00 PM.jpg

but thats just for the blue led...theres also a white one with a different voltage...do I just add them all up?
    Last edited by erlomd; 01-16-2016 at 12:43 PM.

You can run the LEDs at 1000mA. At 350mA, your blade will be much dimmer than I assume you are hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    You can run the LEDs at 1000mA. At 350mA, your blade will be much dimmer than I assume you are hoping for.
    These are the specs for the LED's I purchased:
    Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 9.00.25 AM.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2634396..._home_active_2

Your build list stated a tri cree B/B/W which, according to the spec, can be driven at 1000mA. I've recently installed a tri cree R/B/W running the blue @1000ma with a 0.47ohm resistor. If your LED star came from TCSS, I'm pretty sure it can handle it

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Your build list stated a tri cree B/B/W which, according to the spec, can be driven at 1000mA. I've recently installed a tri cree R/B/W running the blue @1000ma with a 0.47ohm resistor. If your LED star came from TCSS, I'm pretty sure it can handle it
    Nice! updated the specs with what you stated at 1000mA and it says to use a 2w 1ohms resistor

silly question, but is that 1 resistor each LED? because the white LED has different specs...has a forward current of 1050mA
    and the blue is only 350? but has a power rating of 3W