Thread: Kylo Ren pommel help?

Default Kylo Ren pommel help?

I've been toying around with a PVC build of a Kylo inspired saber. The pommel grip pieces have really given me a hard time. I'm debating just using some t-track and hoping it will be strong enough over the gap, can anyone else think of any genius solutions? Cheaper = better lol.

The pommel will be tricky, as it appears to be a flat cap with a rounded off part extruding, and then you have about 6-8 Flaring edges- are those the grips your referring to?

Based off the replica model I'm looking at on the web, I'd say cut out strips from a 2nd PVC "Sleeve" if that makes sense. Use a PVC pipe that can slide over your current pommel/hilt with JUST enough extra room to make sure the rounded edges are flush. Then layer those, glue them together, and sand them to shape.

Hope I was at least of some help to you- I too am working on a PVC saber, though my main body has changed to aluminum with a PVC sleeve. MTFBWY!

Sorry for late reply, this sounds like a good idea. I've got pretty much everything else ready, but I feel like the whole thing would fall apart without some type of flaring edges at the bottom. Will give this a go!