Thread: Current vs Old Blade Holders and Pommels

Default Current vs Old Blade Holders and Pommels

Hi all, I'm new to the custom saber world and had questions regarding the current blade holders / pommels vs the older ones. I recently acquired an older hilt that has a custom main body, but with threading compatible with MHS. My intent is to retrofit this saber with a tri-cree XP-E2 LED, new sound board and all that. However, after ordering all my parts, I realized that it doesn't fit because of the ID of the pommel and the blade holder. To resolve this, few questions:

1. Are there any tri-cree XP-E2 optics that can fit the old style heat sink and the old style blade holder? From examining the old style heat sink, and the one available on TCSS right now, I believe I should be able to fit a tri-cree on the heat sink itself just fine. The problem is the tri cree xp-e2 optic is shorter than the older optic so I don't believe the blade holder will hold it in place.

2. I see that there are 3 little holes on the Tri-Cree LED XP-E2 for the optic to stick through. Will the thermal tape be strong enough to hold the optic in place if the old style blade holder doesn't screw down far enough?

3. Another idea I had was if I used thermal tape to attach the new style heatsink ON TOP of the older style heat sink to raise the height of the optic/LED unit. Will I have any issues if I do that? So 2 thermal tapes, 2 heatsinks, then the LED

4. Are all the pommels now available in the store 1.25 ID for holding speaker mounts?

Thanks!

Were you ever able to find any info on number 1? I have old style MHS parts and I need to add the tri-cree led.