Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PC3.5 Power Issues

There's only one. It sort of looks like it in the picture, but the other two are going to the negative pad. I planned on replacing the damaged wire, as when I was redoing the joint, the iron touched some of the wire. And which components look damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraShimizu View Post
    There's only one. It sort of looks like it in the picture, but the other two are going to the negative pad. I planned on replacing the damaged wire, as when I was redoing the joint, the iron touched some of the wire. And which components look damaged?
    The 2 to the left of where you did your hack.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Well, the wiring doesn't look too great.
    I second what FJK said. Also, the soldering joints for the switches don't look too good so I'd recommend you redo that part.
    As for your diagram, it's hard to be sure that everything's ok when you haven't labeled the PC and the CeX. We can probably guess, but it would make our lives (and yours) easier if you made a more detailed diagram.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Yeah, I know they aren't great. Honestly, I sort of rushed them (they were better the first time) because I was just trying to get the thing to boot. I'll redo them. And making a more detailed one will take me a while, but I'll get to work on it.

As far as the components go, that was actually hot glue that I dripped and didn't notice. I cleaned them off, and they look okay. I just really hope I didn't in some way damage the board and forgot or messed up something simple.

You can always try hooking up only the speaker, and then touching the battery positive and the battery negative to their respective pads on the board (Don't forget to put the SD card in).
    If you hear a boot sound, then the board should be ok.
    If not...then there's a chance that you might have damaged the board
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    You can always try hooking up only the speaker, and then touching the battery positive and the battery negative to their respective pads on the board (Don't forget to put the SD card in).
    If you hear a boot sound, then the board should be ok.
    If not...then there's a chance that you might have damaged the board
    You would need the speaker and power from the battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Okay, something really weird happened.

After resoldering the negative for the switches, I pulled the kill key out of the recharge port, the main LED came on instantly, and now I'm getting the boot sound. I may have been getting it before, as I just tested that my speaker may be faulty. I connected another one. It should also be noted that it doesn't sound quite right; there's very breifly some morse-code sounding beeping before the boot sound, and when the boot sound plays, it's very low quality (which could also be because it has no resonance chamber).

After pulling the negative connection for the switches off and putting them on again, the main LED did not turn on anymore.

Something very strange is happening and I can't quite figure it out. I think I'm going to have to pull it apart and redo everything.

... and also make sure you have the proper switch setting in your configuration files.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

The switch config is set to 2, which is what the owner's manual said to set for a momentary switch. Here's a video of it. I mistakenly said AUX switch, but it's wired as the main switch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Q...ew?usp=sharing

1. Don't put the wire INTO the hole.

2. Try soldering your switch to the pads on the underside of the board. The boot sounds seemed normal.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines