Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PC3.5 Power Issues

Default PC3.5 Power Issues

Well, I'm stumped. I got everything wired up correctly, and I can't for the life of me figure out why my saber isn't working. The PLI and board power indicator LED light up, and then nothing. No sound, the LEDs don't turn on when I press the power button, and I just don't get it.

I have a PC 3.5
    tri-cree (R/G/RB)
    Color extender (wired to the board power)
    3.7v 18650 (yes, I did the board hack)
    2.1 mm recharge port
    R.I.C.E. port
    AV switch (red dot, that's the power indicator LED connected to the board that does light up)
    Premium speaker

I even rewired everything to make sure there was no shorts anywhere. I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

Might be helpful to show us pics of your wiring + a wiring diagram. Based on what you've said, you probably messed up the wiring of the switch.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Have you tried everything outside of the hilt?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

This may sound dumb, but is your SD card inserted?

Was walking my friends through building their sabers last night and they both forgot to put the SD card in before trying to fire up their sabers and had similar symptoms.

Yes, it is. I checked that myself, because it wouldn't be the first time I forgot to put it back in. xD

I don't think it was the switch, as there was no bootup sound at all. I just redid and cleaned up my wiring of the switch area.

I have not tried everything outside of the hilt. That's probably my next step, as I've been trying to avoid that. I have a crystal chamber set up in my chasis, so it will be a pain to pull it apart the way it's set up. I might just have to.

I'll do a quick wiring diagram, and I hope it's something simple.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

haha okay, just double checking since I had run into that very thing just last night!

Hopefully your wiring diagram will present the problem, otherwise you'll probably have to take it all out

Ah sorry about that, I read right over the part where you mentioned that there's no boot sound at all.
    Did you do as FJK suggested and test all the parts outside of the hilt beforehand to make sure they're all working?

Show us some pictures of your wiring so we can help you ID the problem.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Apollo Wiring.jpg
    Here is an absolutely awful wiring chart that I drew up in paint. Pictures to come in a moment.

http://imgur.com/a/0Txhi
    There's the imgur link to the pictures. They were too large to upload here.

Well, the wiring doesn't look too great. The ACT wire should be replaced. Also it looks like you might have damaged one or two components when doing your hack. I also see multiple wires going into the Aux pad.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com