Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graflex 2.0 Switch Build

Default Graflex 2.0 Switch Build

I received a G2.0 kit as a gift and am a bit lost (ok very lost) on how to build the switches/red buttons. My understanding is that they are not just pretty replicas (if they were then the real switches should go elsewhere), so how do you wire the real switch and connect it to the button? This question is really about spacing and placement....this is my third build so I think I understand the basics of wiring (maybe).

Any help or a RTFM message with the M pointed out would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks.

So I know that you're given momentary switches. This means you'll need a board that takes a momentary board, i.e. Nano biscotti. In terms of how to wire those, connect the leads back to your board after you've, in any way, connected them to the red switch. I haven't actually ordered this kit, as I'm waiting for the 1" blade model, so im not quite sure how the connect to the red button, but my guess would've be that the blade holder has a spot for the true switch and, when installed, the red button is what actually pushes the momentary switch button to momentarily complete the circuit. Any more info you can give on the blade holder and red button may help on how to connect the momentary to the button
    Hope this helps!

I do not think he has an issue wiring a momentary switch. The question is how to set up the actual switch with the micro momentary switch under the red button, and prolly how to then run those wires to the other part of the hilt.

I'll take another look at the blade holder. Good advice! Anyone else tried this hookup?

Yeah, that's it. It's puzzling. Nothing fits smoothly together so far. I've done a straight NB hookup and one with a power extender successfully.

You might find some more info on the graflex 2.0 kit on the FX-Saber forum. Could you maybe post some photos so we can see exactly what the parts look like?

Ahh, my mistake. But any other pics could help. there seems to be a small hole in that chrome piece that holds the red button. Does the fit your momentary switch?

First post here! Reading, studying, and lurking for a long time though!
    I have the same kit, and have the same questions.
    The switch doesn't fit into the hole completely (haven't forced it yet), and it doesn't fit securely into the red button enough to work either. The bottom of the red button hits the switch base before it pushes/activates the switch itself. I hope that makes sense!

Oh wow! That's kinda silly that they don't work together. Forgive me if you already said this, but does the whole momentary switch fit into the red button socket? That momentary seems pretty small...

Sorry that's unlcear. What I mean is is it possible for the whole momentary switch to fit in the button socket vs just the button on the momentary switch to go through the hole through the bottom