Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • RGB

11 73.33%
  • Solid Color

4 26.67%

Thread: To RGB or not to RGB...

Default To RGB or not to RGB...

My next build will use a Prizm sound card, and I'm torn on if I want color changing or not.

There is a satisfaction from a super bright primary color with a complementary FOC. For this I am considering rB/rB/W and then using either a clear blade or Photon green, depending on mood. CC LED would then just be blue. Slightly easier wiring for this.

OR, do I go all out, leverage the power of the card, and go RGB with a RGB CC LED?

Well ... the PRIZM board is pretty much made for color changing, so RGB for sure if you already have the board.

If you just wanted to go with a solid color, I'd go for a Petit Crouton since the board supports FOC and you won't have to resistor the main LED.

Both boards basically do the same thing in terms of sound activation (using aux switch).
    Last edited by Starwinder; 01-11-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Yep, I already have the board.

The great thing about the prizm is that it supports color mixing but doesn't require it. I am using rgb on my saber because I test my fonts on it, but I am working on another prizm build with a full power rrr led. Just disable the color profiles if you want to have a solid color blade. Even though the prizm was made for color mixing doest mean you have to use it. There are plenty of features that make the board a great choice, regardless of your led setup.

For me, choosing blade color is just like choosing the appearance of the rest of the hilt. I have something specific in mind and I don't really have interest in changing it. I'd rather just use the color that "fits" that hilt and call it a day. I don't plan on building an RGB any time in the near future.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.