Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Little German needs Help with his first lightsaber!

Will the blade be that bright even without the White led ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas F. View Post
    Will the blade be that bright even without the White led ?
    Of course. Adding White will take away from the Cyan color.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Greetings!

I am also very new to the saber building hobby... check out those videos that were suggested, they are fantastic!

Also, I believe the Biscotti can create the Flash on Crash effect using that white LED and the power extender module available in the store. At least you would get to use the LED that way

There is also a video on wiring this up in the linked list

Yeah, I have a saber set up with a blue/cyan/white LED all running at once (the cyan LED is basically just green) and the blade is barely cyan colored at all. It's mostly just white. If you like cyan, just use the blue and green together.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Hello again ^^ after a little bit of research i decided to throw away my old concept and replace the nano biscotte with a CF soundboard. Because i found out that the CF can also power quad cree LEDs i wondered if this would realy be brighter than a Tri Cree. I havent seen so many lightsabers with a Quad Cree so i wanted to ask for someone who has experience with them. my idea was using either a Quad cree with 2x Green and 2x Blue to get cyan, or using a tri Cree with 1x Green, 1xBlue, and 1xRed. the first one would be brighter i guess but is it such a big difference ? the tri cree would have the advantage of Flash on Clash and color changing.

could someone help me to decide which one i should choose please Thank you

The difference in brightness isn't that significant. I personally prefer Flash on Clash to having a slightly brighter blade.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

As Nano says, the brightness added is not that significant. The more LEDs you add, the less additional visible brightness is added with each one.