Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Little German needs Help with his first lightsaber!

Default Little German needs Help with his first lightsaber!

Hey guys
    as the title already says, i am from germany, so sorry if my english is not the best ^^

i want to build my first lightsaber with MHS parts, but unfortunatly my knowledge of electronics isn?t the best too ^^

i?ve already done some research on this but i still have some questions:

-I want to use a Tri Cree XP-E2 (i was told, that this is the brigthest LED i can get for a lightsaber) with Blue, Green and white to get a Cyan blade. Does this work and how would i have to wire them ?

-Does this Tri Cree XP-E2 work with a Nano Bicotte V3?

-i want to add a crystal chamber. what kind of LED should a use for that and will 3,7 V be enough to power the whole lightsaber when i add this chamber?

-Do i have to add some resistors/ transistors or something like that and where should i place them ?

i would be so thankfull if someone could make me a wiring diagram for this or help me making this, because i am a little bit affraid of making mistakes and destroying my lightsaber :/

here you see a little (very ugly ) scetch how i would place it into my lightsaber
    skizz.jpg

thank you and i hope my english was understandable
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard.

Yes, you can use a tri Cree with the NB. Yes a 3.7 will power everything. Yes, you'll most likely need resistors. I doubt you're going to find someone that will do a wiring diagram for you. My suggestion is to download the NB manual and start reading. Read it several times. You can also start searching the forums for wiring diagrams that may be similar to what you want.

good luck.

Okay, thank you
    yeah i already expected that ^^ but i thought it doesn?t hurt to ask
    but thanks

Welcome to the forums.

You can also watch Madcow's videos on building a basic saber with sound. They show very detailed, step by step instructions on how to install a Nano Biscotte V2. The V3 will only be a little different. Links to the videos are in the tutorial video section of the forums.

And for your blade, yes, you can mix green and blue to get a cyan color.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

okay, thank you very much
    is there also a tutorial how to measure what kind of resistor i have to use and where to place it into my wiring diagram?

Blog Entries

Yep. Here you go http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law

The resistor can go on either the positive or negative between the board and component. It's good practice to do it the same way every time. I always do it on the positive.

thanks again

is there any difference between putting it on the positive instead on putting it on the negative?

Blog Entries

Nope.

I'm sorry but i have an other question
    i want to get the brightest blade posible. For this i was told to use the tri cree XP-e2 led. I want to get a cyan colored blade, so my thought was, to take an blue, green and White led to get this cool bright cyan color. But during my research i found out, that i can not use all three LEDs at once, because the Nano biscotte soundboard wouldn't be able to handle this. now my questiom is how i could get the brightest cyan blade posible never the less?
    Thanks

You would use the blue and green together for cyan.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com