Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBV3 Schematic check please

Default NBV3 Schematic check please

Hey guys! I am in the process of my first build and I have been reading and reading trying to understand how all this works for when I get one of these boards in my hands. I am planning my build with the Tri-XP-E2 in RB/RB/W Parallel with W being FoC. I made this schematic with the fact in mind that this card has an on-board PEx. Ive read the new manual online a few times, hope I am not missing anything. Just curious if you can take a look at this and let me know if my plans are sound...no pun intended! lol I have never made a schematic so forgive me if its wonky. Your thoughts are welcomed and appreciated!

Voodoo

Last edited by Count Voodoo; 01-09-2016 at 01:12 AM.

That looks correct to me.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Awesome! Thank you for taking a moment to look it over! I am sure these get put on here over and over and it must get old having to figure out everyones stuff so i appreciate it! I wont touch this build until I understand every aspect so I had to manually make my own schematic to test and grow my understanding. Thanks again!

I haven't read the new V3 manual yet so I haven't looked at how the onboard Pex is wired, but the rest looks good.

Nice diagram, too. Easy to read/follow. Good work.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

When is the v3 supposed to come out?

It *should* be out by the end of the month or so.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    I haven't read the new V3 manual yet so I haven't looked at how the onboard Pex is wired, but the rest looks good.

Nice diagram, too. Easy to read/follow. Good work.
    Thanks Miraluka! I am trying my best to put the work in and not be that noob that just wants everything done for him! Everyone has been great though for the few silly questions I have had! I am actually having so much fun planning this build and learning!

I would appreciate it if someone could check my calculations for the power resistors for a NBv3 and Tri-CREE LED combination! I used the guidance in the NBv3 manual and am assuming the same wiring set-up as Count Voodoo's diagram.

LEDs: two royal blue with a forward voltage of 3.41v @1000mA and one white with a forward voltage of 3.15v @1000mA.
    Battery: 18650 (?)

Calculations:
    royal blue LED resistor = (3.7 - 3.41) / 1.0A = 0.29 ohms
    resistor wattage = (3.7 - 3.41) * 1.0A = 0.29 watts

white LED resistor = (3.7 - 3.15) / 1.0A = 0.549 ohms
    resistor wattage = (3.7 - 3.15) * 1.0A = 0.55 watts

-thanks, guys!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JWLaRue View Post
    I would appreciate it if someone could check my calculations for the power resistors for a NBv3 and Tri-CREE LED combination! I used the guidance in the NBv3 manual and am assuming the same wiring set-up as Count Voodoo's diagram.

LEDs: two royal blue with a forward voltage of 3.41v @1000mA and one white with a forward voltage of 3.15v @1000mA.
    Battery: 18650 (?)

Calculations:
    royal blue LED resistor = (3.7 - 3.41) / 1.0A = 0.29 ohms
    resistor wattage = (3.7 - 3.41) * 1.0A = 0.29 watts

white LED resistor = (3.7 - 3.15) / 1.0A = 0.549 ohms
    resistor wattage = (3.7 - 3.15) * 1.0A = 0.55 watts

-thanks, guys!

Jeff
    Your calculations for the resistors is right, but your wattage calculation looks wrong to me...the formula is: P <Watts> = R * I^2 Your numbers are: P=0.29*1^2 which equals out to 0.29 watts...you'd need a 1/2 watt resistor for those. The white works out to be a 0.549 watts, so you'd likely need to round up to a 1 watt resistor for that.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for the review....very much appreciated.

I'll re-check the NBv3 manual for the wattage calculation, sounds like it may be incorrect.

-Jeff