Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 25 - are there holes in it?

Default MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 25 - are there holes in it?

I can't really tell from the pictures, but are the holes in the MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 25 all of the way through on the top sides?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...e-25-P809.aspx

I like this blade holder, but also want the blade colors to be visible through the holder...

Nope, the holes don't go all the way through so unfortunately, you won't be able to see the blade colors through the blade holder
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Bummer.

Thanks for the quick response though!

Hmm...it would be cool if Tim started machining grooves in those to let the light pass through, similar to the newer BH 16s.

I used this blade holder on a build and just drilled my own holes.

I just used this one on a build and painted the recessed areas with a metallic brass paint. Came out pretty nice.

Can you guys post pics of how the drilling and paint turned out?

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    Can you guys post pics of how the drilling and paint turned out?
    I've tried several different paints, but haven't found one that I like. I'm thinking about either foil tape or brass solder.

1452306789090-1800984637.jpg

You can see a little bit of the holes I drilled. I don't have a close up shot with the blade in though.

MF02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sks1138 View Post
    You can see a little bit of the holes I drilled. I don't have a close up shot with the blade in though.

MF02.jpg
    How did you do the gold in the inset areas? It came out much smoother and cleaner than mine did.