Thread: Can a 3.7v single cell power a Cree Tri-xp-e2 on a Petit Crouton 3.5?

Default Can a 3.7v single cell power a Cree Tri-xp-e2 on a Petit Crouton 3.5?

Hello everyone! I'm rewiring my Graflex which previously had a Makato LED string blade. Now I want to install a Blu/Blue/White Cree Tri-xp-e2 LED module. I'm using a Petit Crouton 3.5 sound board and I wanted use the F.O.C. set up. However I'm not too good with Voltage and resistor math so I was hoping some one would be kind enough to give me some advice if possible.
    1. I have my board setup for a single cell battery power source. I'm using a Panasonic 3.7v 18650 @3400mAh. Is this enough power to use all 3 LED die's on the Tri-Cree? Or do I need to upgrade to more voltage?
    2. What type of resistors should I use for the Tri-Cree Led with the 3.7v power set up. Or if I have to use more voltage what type of resistors do I use with it?
    Thank you for reading and any help I might receive!

1) The single cell will work. Just remember to do the single cell hack for the petit crouton. Erv has a good video tutorial for that here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm3lA1BuhsI

2) I don't believe you will need a resistor for the main LED (someone please correct me if I'm wrong since I'm not 100% sure on this), but you will need one for the FoC LED. All the info for doing the necessary calculations for getting the right resistor can be found here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Thanks man! And really big thanks for the resistor link too! I'm overdue on taking time to read that.