Thread: Modular Wiring System Help

Default Modular Wiring System Help

Hi there! Many of my parts are on their way to me, but I still find myself planning this out and scratching my head. Any help is appreciated. So I am very interested in using the MWS setup with the discs and all-thread to keep all my parts and wires neatly organized. I just have a few questions about what I need. So first off, I'm using a 4x AA battery pack so I realize many of the discs will not be utilized unless I change my mind and decide to go with a Lion battery. My main issue is knowing what pieces I need to hold the momentary to latching converter. I see a disc which holds the buck-puck, the battery, and a half-dozen made to hold different NB boards(Which I'm not using in this build), but I don't see what part I need to hold the ML converter. Am I just not seeing it or do I need to use a disc that isn't specifically designed for that part?

Followup. If I do decide to go with a Lion battery (a choice I will need to make depending on which LED setup I want, (Torn between the Lux Rebel Green and the Tri-Cree G/G/W), How hard is it to wire a recharge port and is a recharge port better or worse than simply removing the battery to charge it in terms of safety/longevity. If I go with the recharge port option, I will not have the port match an external hole, instead, I will still need to remove the pommel and slide the MWS cylinder out of the saber to access that recharge port so additional milling (and undesirable holes in my grip) will not be necessary.

A final question I would have is: if I use a recharge port, how then do I know when my battery is fully charged? Is there a secondary device I will need to check the charge level, or is there an indicator I should add to my build to display power level? Again, any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

There isn't a disc to hold the ML converters. They are quite small and are often just attached to the battery holder with Velcro. Also, We just got a new converter with a wider voltage range so even if we had discs before, they wouldn't be the same now.

If you are removing the pommel and withdrawing the chassis to access your port, there isn't much reason to have the port. The only reasons people usually use them are for convenience and to cut power to their electronics. Yours isn't going to be convenient and if you're going through all that hassle you could just as easily be pushing a switch, connecting/disconnecting a wire, removing/replacing a battery, etc.

Whether you use a recharge port or not, I have never seen a Li-Ion charger that did not have an indicator light on it. The charger itself will tell you when it has finished charging the battery.
    Last edited by Miraluka; 01-08-2016 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Excellent, thank you for the reply. I see now that the charger would notify me on the full charge no matter which way I decided to do this. I wonder, is there a section of this forum or a certain gallery that is just pictures of other users' chassis setups that I could look at for tips/inspiration?
    Darjetii, chaabar te genet jetiise, kaysh tion'ad taylir te vorpan kal. Kaysh oya'karir gar jii. Kyr'am cuyir gebbar de.

This one popped up recently http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ff-the-Kram-Fu!! But just browse the gallery, it's full of 'inspiration'

Hey thanks so much!