Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Roman's Props Obi Wan build

Since the aluminum has a better thermal conductance than copper, that's my theory. Problem is once you put it in there with the thermal tape...it's in there and there is no getting it back out without destroying the led. As a product designer...it looks like the inevitable trade of was between aesthetic accuracy and functionality in terms of future maintenance if the led ever needs replaced. Best bet would be to ask the designer of the emitter how he would suggest holding the led and lens place. To me that is more of an issue than how do I add the copper heatsink, when the entire emitter is already setup to be the heatsink.

Curious how this turned out. I also have a Roman's prop sober. Took me forever to find a chassis to fit. I am looking into LED's myself - and am curious what you ended up with.

Just a minor nitpick, but copper has a higher thermal conductivity than aluminum. Both materials are typically fine for heatsinks in lightsabers, but copper is still more efficient.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hello,

Just to answer your question about the resistors. They limit the current to the LED, so you don't overheat/blow LED or just simply use a silly amount of energy. If you want a more detailed answer (basic circuit math included) let me know.

I'm curious at to what chassis you found for this hilt - was one of Darth Ryo's from GOTH 3Desgins?

I have one of these hilts on the way too, would love to know what chassis you found works with this.

Any update on this? I have one on order and curious which chassis was used as well.

I am very interested in the MK1 FX kit, but I have some doubts if there would be sufficient space inside for the electronics that I would like to use. These questions go to those that have their kit. Hopefully someone can take some measurements to help me out.

It says that the booster diameter is 0.995”, but what is the inside diameter of the rest of the parts (including the brass and copper neck)? Would it be possible to fit a soundboard on top of a 18650 battery somewhere in the hilt? What is the (inside) length from the black part of the grenade section to the pommel, when the Windvane part is in its position and the end cap is closed?

Thanks for your help.