Thread: nano biscotte tuning

Default nano biscotte tuning

hi all... I am new to building lightsabers using the nano biscotte sound board... I read the manual but a little unsure about how to tune the nano biscotte as I am not sure what all the numbers do... can anyone please give me advice on how to set the system... I want the saber to have a sensative swing and have a deep sound if that works. thanks for anyone who give advice.

Start with the basic settings first. Don't adjust anything until you see how the card reacts in your build. Placement inside the hilt can affect the sensitivity of it. If not satisfied, you'll need an SD card reader to put it in your computer. I'll look up the exact settings in a minute...

The deep sound, you'll want to use the second sound font. When you hold the button down when the blade is off, it'll cycle between the two fonts by playing one of two tones. The deeper sounding one will activate the deeper sound. Almost sounds like something is crashing.

From the guide...this explains it pretty well. Basically, if you want the swing more sensitive, decrease the number under "LS" and if you want a more sensitive clash, decrease the number under "LC." Go in small increments, too.

Motion & Gesture detection parameters :
    Motion recognition is processed using complex low latency DSP algorithms, however, most of the parameters used for those are internally computed so the user only has to setup a few thresholds & sensitivity level as high-level parameters.
    The overall sensitivity of the board is controlled by the “i” parameter. If you want a more “verbose” saber while you’re satisfied of the swing / clash discrimination, just increase that parameter a little bit, turning it to 57 instead of the default 53 value.
    On the NB board, swings and clashes processed with the same sensor. A swing motion must exceed ls (low swing) to be considered as a potential gesture and then stay under hs (high swing) to trigger a swing sound. A clash is detected if motion goes above lc.
    The general sensitivity of the motion engine belongs to the {0;99} range with usable and standard values in the {50;80} range. Parameters ls, hs and lc belong to the {0;1023} range.
    Make sure you keep a good gap between hs and lc. Default parameters have been setup for you and usually, only the “i” parameter has to be touched up.

If the saber is not sensitive enough to the swing:
    decrease parameter ls by a few points. Don’t decrease ls too much or undesired swing sounds will be triggered.

If a harder clash is required, just increase lc.

Jedi Carpet's post has good info.
    If you want to know what everything in the config file does, pages 17-20 in the nano biscotte manual has all the info regarding what the numbers and all do.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Before you go changing your settings, make a copy of the files.