Thread: Black series Vader Sound Board Wiring for conversion?

Default Black series Vader Sound Board Wiring for conversion?

Hi. I'm doing a conversion of the black series Vader and 2 unexpected things happened:

1) When i pulled out the blade assembly, i accidently pulled the wires out of their solder joints in the rear contact plate (which connects to the battery pack)
    2) I discovered that the LED strip is soldered directly to the sound board (no wires).

So my questions are:

1) Does any one have a wiring diagram/instructions as to how i should solder my LED to the board?
    2) What's the best way to resolder the wires from the sound board to the rear contact plate, which is trapped in the mid section which is glued together...

Thanks for any help!

Jim

Okay, so I'm a complete n00b at saber building, but I've previously taken apart a Maul and Vader MR Force FX saber, and recently disassembled a Luke ANH Black Series saber, so I'll be using my experience with those to try and help you!

Regarding the detached battery contact piece/wires, you can just pry the black plastic housing apart, and the circular contact board should just come out:

WP_20160110_16_32_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160110_16_32_40_Pro.jpg
    circular pad.jpg

Once you have the circular battery contact pad out, just unscrew it from the plastic part, desolder the wires, then resolder the original wires back to it (remember to keep track of which color goes where).

As for soldering the wires to the circuit board, it seems that all the Black Series Force FX sabers have the new style saber board. My Luke saber board's solder points weren't labeled, but I'd suggest looking at the thread on how to convert a Kylo Ren saber to get a good idea of which contacts to bridge, and where to solder the wires (assuming the contact pads are the same). I broke the LED strip off just above the solder points, and desoldered the rest of the strip so that I had clean contacts. Haven't tested them out yet, but I suspect they're probably the same arrangement as the Kylo Ren board. You might also want to resolder the speaker/switch/battery wires to the board, and reinforce them with a little hot glue so they don't bend/break (my speaker wire snapped off for no reason when I was handling the board).

circuit board 1.jpg
    circuit board 2.jpg

Hope this helps, and good luck!