Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: First Build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    You are correct. The recharge port is wired incorrectly.

The black wire from the battery (-) should NOT connect directly to the NB. The rest of the wiring is acceptable, though I'd personally move the switch (-) wires to the orange (-) wire.

One question: Why do you have two switches? The NB only requires one. If you just want to be able to turn the saber on and off from multiple places, that's fine. It's just not needed.
    So I watched TCSS recharge port turtorail on youtube and I think I have it correct now. I removed the second switch, I was going to try and have two power switches. One in the clamp the other for the red button, but I don't have time nor the patience for those kinds of shenanigans.
    1) Wired the (-) battery wire to the (-) tip(blue) of the RP.
    2) Wired (+) battery to the (+) tip(purple) of the RP. The purple wire will then be twisted together with the (+) of the LED and solder to (+) pad of the board.
    3) Orange wire (-) twist together with (-) of switch and connect to board (-) pad for battery.

Quote Originally Posted by UteOH View Post
    I am going more, for an ESB look, so I am using the printed circuit board. It also fits very loosely, and would fall out without adaptation. For the time being, a small piece of cardboard under the board stabilizes it nicely. I will cone up with a more permanent solution after I decide where to put the aux. switch. As I see it, the two choices are: (1) Under the clamp (bubble strip or circuit board), or (2) Under the second (glass eye) button. Does anyone have any suggestions about the aux. switch placement?
    Since I am not an experienced builder, I elected to use a 3D printed chassis.
    I removed the clamp from the hilt and found that I could squeeze it together and tighten the the screw and the circuit board fit nicely... But it was to tight to fit back over the hilt. Sooooo back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith4Life View Post
    I see, I will be doing the same set up Ronin so all I need is the the single for the main and only button in the graflex it's strictly an on and off switch, the nano also has a deep sleep mode so no need for an auxiliary port/hole the auxiliary port goes inside you open the hilt charge then close.

I'm new to this my first build also I got my graflex of the RPF the same 2.0 as found on TCSS so this switch is the only one to use for the red button in the graflex? The glue thing scares me will it hold up? Has this been done?
    I am going to wire the red button as my one and only switch. That being said I am going to have to modify the switch because the tactile button is to short and the red button will not reach it. I am going to probably grab some epoxy and place it within the inside of the red button in order for it to make proper contact with the tactile switch.

Here are a few more pics after I was able to remove the blade holder from the top section the the hilt:

So there are 3 screws that hold the blade holder in place all located at the top of the hilt. All three screws are pictured here.
    1st - is at the front of the saber just above where the glass eye (retention screw) goes.
    2nd - is on the side of the saber with a little rectangular plate
    3rd - located, and connected to, the red button on the opposite side of the glass eye. It is not a screw that can be removed with an allen of screw driver; I used pliers.

I also measured the the length of the lower part of the hilt so I can start planning my internal layout. It is roughly about 4.75" from the pommel to the blade holder so should be plenty of room for what I have planned.

nice Ronin these are helpful. my biggest fear is the red button set up hope it works. also your heat sink? where did you find it i was to TCSS was creating one to hold the LED's Its Not manufactured any where? WARNING!!!!! i was watching the how to videos and it said to build your chassis first to acomadate the size of the hilt if that makes any sense?

Thanks for the heads up on the chassis discs which ones do we use that will hold the nano and battery pack? and the charge port?

To clarify, the chassis parts sold here DO NOT fit this kit?

none? i was just told it was the 1.25 disks work

nice Ronin these are helpful. my biggest fear is the red button set up hope it works. also your heat sink? where did you find it i was to TCSS was creating one to hold the LED's Its Not manufactured any where? WARNING!!!!! i was watching the how to videos and it said to build your chassis first to acomadate the size of the hilt if that makes any sense?
    If you go back to my original post I have a link to Saberbay on etsy, this is where I bought both my led and 7/8" heat sink from. I think they mean assemble your chassis and make sure it fits within the pieces you have... Perhaps modification have to be done and pieces subtracted.

Thanks for the heads up on the chassis discs which ones do we use that will hold the nano and battery pack? and the charge port?
    I would assume the normal chassis disc, not the graflex specific, would work. I have not tried though, all I know is the graflex specific did not fit past the threads of the lower section of the hilt. There is a pic of it on the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
    To clarify, the chassis parts sold here DO NOT fit this kit?
    The graflex chassis disc NB-18650 did not fit mine.

none? i was just told it was the 1.25 disks work
    I believe the normal 1.25 do work, the graflex specific didn't with mine.

I may put together a small video review and link it to my thread might be a little easier to comprehended then still pics.

awesome. I'm thinking of trying this build with a simple crystal chassis design. I cant wait to see how this works out for you.

Hey I to have the same kit and want to do the same set up! Will you or can you post up you insides to this hilt also?
    Thanks!
    ^^^
    This

So Did the heat sink and LEDs from saberbay fit comfy??? I will order mine if they did.