Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: First Build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Sith4Life View Post
    are you adding electronics???
    Could you possibly explain with electronics as well? How does the red button connect to the switch? It seems like the black bit of the switch needs to be longer, but I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

Quote Originally Posted by greyfox View Post
    I have a question about the Graflex 2.0? How do I install the red buttons in the button holes? They just keep falling out...
    Glue, I am going to have to glue (carefully) the red button to the actual activation switch.

Guys the 2.0 kit that TCSS offers is this the same one tha Korbanth from the RPF is selling???
    Looks it
    Yes, it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by maggard08@gmail.com View Post
    Hey, what's the inside diameter of the pommel end? I know it won't hold the chassis disc but will it hold a speaker/battery holder?
    I believe it is the same diameter as the MHS parts but I am not enitrely sure. I will start building the chassis tomorrow, so I will have a much better idea then.

Quote Originally Posted by greyfox View Post
    No, without electronics...but there still has to be a way to make the buttons stick in the holes? or am I wrong?
    Other than glue or epoxy, no. At least I don't see any other way at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crasicus View Post
    Could you possibly explain with electronics as well? How does the red button connect to the switch? It seems like the black bit of the switch needs to be longer, but I'm sure I'm overlooking something.
    It does need to be longer, I am going to have to add a piece to the the red button so it actually makes contact with the switch. All my parts will be here tomorrow, I am going to video document the build so stay tuned. My goal is to finish it by Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBJJ View Post
    It does need to be longer, I am going to have to add a piece to the the red button so it actually makes contact with the switch. All my parts will be here tomorrow, I am going to video document the build so stay tuned. My goal is to finish it by Sunday.
    Thanks, that'd be really helpful

Update:

So I have received all of my parts and have started on my build. Here are a few pics of some modifications and what not:

8-32 drill and tap for LED module

Hole made from switch wires (red button)

Sanded down ribbed section to allow a space for wires to lay safely

Couple pieces I picked up from Lowes to make a custom blade plug, I am still searching for some small pieces of hardware to put inside.

LED and recharge port wired and ready to go

Chassis:
    - Chassis disc are the standard 1.25 MHS compatible disc
    - Spacers are nylon 1/2" and 1/4", TCSS was sold out of both 1/2" and 3/4" spacers
    - had to make modifications to the speaker holder so the battery would sit a little further down which would allow for a more compact chassis
    - Do to the length of the chassis the blade holder will not screw all the way into the lower part of the hilt but it doesn't ffect anything

I am going to continue to work on it today after work, so more updates will come later

Looking great! Love watching your progress.

My printed chassis came in the mail today. Yesterday I got notification from TCSS that my other parts have been shipped. I should have just about all I need to start soon.

Since I have not built before, I have to do some practice soldering. I am actually going to do a stunt saber first for a little more practice. Then I will start this Graflex project.

Since I am using a different sound card (Prizm) with two switches and a different different chassis solution, I am considering starting a different thread so that anyone following won't get confused. Do you agree, RoninBJJ?

Quote Originally Posted by UteOH View Post
    Looking great! Love watching your progress.

My printed chassis came in the mail today. Yesterday I got notification from TCSS that my other parts have been shipped. I should have just about all I need to start soon.

Since I have not built before, I have to do some practice soldering. I am actually going to do a stunt saber first for a little more practice. Then I will start this Graflex project.

Since I am using a different sound card (Prizm) with two switches and a different different chassis solution, I am considering starting a different thread so that anyone following won't get confused. Do you agree, RoninBJJ?
    I would start a separate one for sure.

OK, I spent 7 hours today working on my Graflex... I HAVE FINISHED!!!
    I have included a few more pics and a short video overview. I really didn't feel like editing 12+ hours of footage of my entire build time.

So here are a few pics during my build today:

Modification to chassis disc, this was to allow the speaker wire to reach the sound board.

Chassis w/ NBv2 installed and wired, I installed the recharge port at the top of the chassis so most of the wires would be wired from the top down.

Switch wires:

Important little bit here: make sure you apply heat shrink around the switch. when the metal from the hilt touches the to solder contacts it will activate the saber.

Few more pics:
    Finally found the parts I was looking for to complete my blade plug

Quick video overview: Had to switch to photobucket movie, youtube said I violated something but wouldn't say what...

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
    Last edited by RoninBJJ; 01-24-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Great job and congrats on your first build

Wow just like that nice job!
    Bummer can't see video

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post
    Great job and congrats on your first build
    Thank you, now to start planning the second!

Wow just like that nice job!
    Bummer can't see video
    Uploaded another video using photobucket. YouTube said it was flagged and deemed in violation of something or other.