Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: First Build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit

Blog Entries

As an FYI that may help reduce search time. Once you're in a thread you can search that specific thread for what you're looking for. Look for "Search Thread" in the bar above the first post.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

See thank you. It's that type of info I'm looking for. I don't expect to be spoon fed. But don't expect me to sit here when others make me feel ignorant for asking a question. I think it's great that this community exists to encourage and share knowledge. That's why I signed up. There are thousands of threads and posts so there's so much information to absorb. I'll play nice and respect the opinions of others and share in their experiences, but not when they talk down to me. Just simply not going to. So thank you silver serpent for your help in the matter. I understand the policy on not listing a competitor completely, but tcss doesn't offer that particular piece. I've also seen all kinds of posts where people are getting sink parts to build blade plugs for their sabers at home improvement stores. Isn't that kind of the same concept? Unfortunately I don't have the machinery to make my own heat sink, nor do I know anyone who could do it for me :/ I guess it'll be a neat looking shelf piece with an 18650 battery, speaker, nbv3 and tri cree led hanging out of the end lol. Thanks for your thoughts on it genuinely. But I don't know how to make that kind of stuff at home. Maybe eventually they'll sell one in the shop. If I can nab one when they do that is. Parts go like astro glide in a prison shower. I literally need two more hilt parts to complete my saber and I've been checking every two hours since before Christmas lol
    Last edited by maggard08@gmail.com; 02-09-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maggard08@gmail.com View Post
    See thank you. It's that type of info I'm looking for. I don't expect to be spoon fed. But don't expect me to sit here when others make me feel ignorant for asking a question. I think it's great that this community exists to encourage and share knowledge. That's why I signed up. There are thousands of threads and posts so there's so much information to absorb. I'll play nice and respect the opinions of others and share in their experiences, but not when they talk down to me. Just simply not going to. So thank you silver serpent for your help in the matter. I understand the policy on not listing a competitor completely, but tcss doesn't offer that particular piece. I've also seen all kinds of posts where people are getting sink parts to build blade plugs for their sabers at home improvement stores. Isn't that kind of the same concept? Unfortunately I don't have the machinery to make my own heat sink, nor do I know anyone who could do it for me :/ I guess it'll be a neat looking shelf piece with an 18650 battery, speaker, nbv3 and tri cree led hanging out of the end lol. Thanks for your thoughts on it genuinely. But I don't know how to make that kind of stuff at home. Maybe eventually they'll sell one in the shop. If I can nab one when they do that is. Parts go like astro glide in a prison shower. I literally need two more hilt parts to complete my saber and I've been checking every two hours since before Christmas lol
    Hey man,

Sorry I have been busy and haven't responded. I did have the 7/8 heat sink linked originally but I took it down because I realized it was against the rules. But I think I can safely say, since they do not offer the parts yet, that if do a quick search on etsy you should find what you are looking for

You are welcome to PM if you like.

Hey man I too got the Graflex chassis disc and they don't fit, how did you manage to get yours to work?

Hi forum.
    I am quite new to this forum. Please forgive me if I'm asking the most obvious question.

Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit is out of stock for quite a while now, do we have any guesses on when it's coming back?

Also, it says on the description;
    We plan to offer a 7/8" LED module as well as a 1" blade holder that supports a LED module in the coming weeks.
    Does this mean the 2.0 kit will include the said holder and LED module in the future or they will be sold separately?
    Do we know exactly when this "coming week" is?

Thank you.
    Last edited by OLDY; 02-24-2016 at 01:58 AM. Reason: typo

The Graflex 2.0 kit has been very popular. It has been in stock a couple times since TCSS started to carry it, but sells out quickly. I nabbed one of the first ones. It is worth the wait.
    The 7/8" LED and heat sink are in stock on the website as we speak. Check the Graflex page in the store, you will find them. I would grab them while they are in stock.
    The best way to stay up to date on current stock levels is to watch the TCSS Facebook page. Tim posts there when new stuff comes in stock.
    Chronic stock shortages have been my biggest frustration. I wish TCSS could scale up the operation. I think they would be more successful, as I feel many just give up.

Korbanth said that more Graflex 2.0s are being manufactured and will be arriving in April, and continue to be produced until June, then will be retired.

Thank you both.
    I guess I'll check back in here around April then.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppies View Post
    Hey man I too got the Graflex chassis disc and they don't fit, how did you manage to get yours to work?
    The Graflex Chassis disc will not work with this kit, I had to purchase the MHS chassis discs instead. If I were to do it again I would either grab one of the 3D printed chassis with Crystal chamber or fabricate my own internal chassis (which I might actually still do...).

Quote Originally Posted by UteOH View Post
    The Graflex 2.0 kit has been very popular. It has been in stock a couple times since TCSS started to carry it, but sells out quickly. I nabbed one of the first ones. It is worth the wait.
    The 7/8" LED and heat sink are in stock on the website as we speak. Check the Graflex page in the store, you will find them. I would grab them while they are in stock.
    The best way to stay up to date on current stock levels is to watch the TCSS Facebook page. Tim posts there when new stuff comes in stock.
    Chronic stock shortages have been my biggest frustration. I wish TCSS could scale up the operation. I think they would be more successful, as I feel many just give up.
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Korbanth said that more Graflex 2.0s are being manufactured and will be arriving in April, and continue to be produced until June, then will be retired.
    Yeah, doesn't hurt to check out Korbanth threads on "another" forum. He updates pretty regularly.

Hey I'm looking into building a similar saber with the graflex kit, and was wondering if the 18650 battery could fit inside the black rotj-looking interior piece? I'd like to try and fit a small crystal chamber in and was hoping to save space. Thanks