Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: First Build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit

Nice build, I'm still waiting for ALL, but getting some ideas

Question, how do you attach the chassis to the lower end, do you use the same screws than the grips? Can you post some pictures of that view, without the pommel?

Thanks a lot, and congratulations!

EDIT:
    How long is the chassis? I have planned to fit a CF V8, but my first design is 1/2'' longer than yours, non-viable... I assume the cell is just over the speaker, right?
    Last edited by Lobezno; 02-01-2016 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Measurements...

Main one by bunny ears ignation the other will be my clamp.

Ronin, how is your chassis attaching to the blade holder? just wondering since I most likely will not be dueling with mine if I can get some kind of gasket to have the chassis fit snug against the inner wall. you think this is an option? Or do I need to come up with a chassis solution that mounts it to the bottom of the blade holder? Thanks for any info you have man. Really appreciate this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    Nice build, I'm still waiting for ALL, but getting some ideas

Question, how do you attach the chassis to the lower end, do you use the same screws than the grips? Can you post some pictures of that view, without the pommel?

Thanks a lot, and congratulations!

EDIT:
    How long is the chassis? I have planned to fit a CF V8, but my first design is 1/2'' longer than yours, non-viable... I assume the cell is just over the speaker, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACEMONKEY1 View Post
    Ronin, how is your chassis attaching to the blade holder? just wondering since I most likely will not be dueling with mine if I can get some kind of gasket to have the chassis fit snug against the inner wall. you think this is an option? Or do I need to come up with a chassis solution that mounts it to the bottom of the blade holder? Thanks for any info you have man. Really appreciate this thread.
    I will take a few pics and post them of my chassis when I get home from work. Plus VV blade came in the mail today! But essentially my chassis is not connected to the blade holder. It is merely connected to the top portion of the hilt by the wire from the switch and LED. I will explain in either a video or pics with descriptions, because I really want to show off that new blade... Also My Darth Maul Hilt should be in sometime this week as well. Not sure if I will post a thread to this forum as it may be against the rules since it isn't a MHS hilt, but then again I don't think this Graflex is either.

I see, it's just pushed down with the grenade, minus those... 2 millimetres? of the screw... I'll probably end making my own 3D printed chassis, that's why I wanna know the exact length. It will be based on yours, but with the recharging port driving up to the grenade, built in a small cylinder. Not a beauty, but functional and cheap.

Very much appreciated, looking forward to see those pictures and the legendary blade

So just another quick video, the blade is really something.

I sanded down the screws to allow for a little bit more room for the chassis, I'm not sure if that helped or not...

Wow, the blade is beautiful. That's The Blue, looks nice and full.

Thank you for the video, it seems I'll have to measure very, very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBJJ View Post
    Added some custom boot sounds! I am currently working on some custom ignitions/swings/clash, but here is a little sample of my new boots.

"the force, its calling to you" that is a perfect quote for this saber! nice thinking!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBJJ View Post

So just another quick video, the blade is really something.

I sanded down the screws to allow for a little bit more room for the chassis, I'm not sure if that helped or not...
    hey ronin, i heard your little concern about ur grips not going all the way up to the clamp, that is perfectly fine. the sabers on screen have that gap as well, and is a big debate right now on other forums. i personally like the gap/spacing between it. as always beautiful job!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    Yes I opened up the hole in the top of the speaker holder to allow the battery to sit just above the speaker. If you can get the battery into the blade holder you should have plenty of room I would think. If i were to do it over I would do a fully inclosed chassis with the (Top to bottom) LED/heatsink - battery - NB - recharge port - speaker. I really wish I had access to a lathe, I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head but don't have the tools to bring them life.

Quote Originally Posted by Halliwax View Post
    "the force, its calling to you" that is a perfect quote for this saber! nice thinking!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwax View Post
    hey ronin, i heard your little concern about ur grips not going all the way up to the clamp, that is perfectly fine. the sabers on screen have that gap as well, and is a big debate right now on other forums. i personally like the gap/spacing between it. as always beautiful job!
    Thank you, I was super excited when I mixed the audio with Vader's breathing. The gap doesn't bother me really at all, good to know, thanks!