Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: First Build-Graflex 2.0 Saber Kit

Ronin,

Great job! Loved your video. I will be sure to protect the contacts on the switch.

What did you use to build up the height of the switch button and what did you use to glue the red button to the switch shaft?

I liked your blade plug, too. Nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RoninBJJ View Post

Few more pics:
    Finally found the parts I was looking for to complete my blade plug
    Hmmm, looks familiar.

Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by UteOH View Post
    Ronin,

Great job! Loved your video. I will be sure to protect the contacts on the switch.

What did you use to build up the height of the switch button and what did you use to glue the red button to the switch shaft?

I liked your blade plug, too. Nice.
    Thank you, I used a small piece of a rubber band glued it into place with E6000 glue. Only use a small amount of glue and I mean small! You do not want the glue to leak.

Now all I need is my blade. I am going to order a VV 36", standard clear, shine thru bullet tip blade tonight or tomorrow. It should arrive roughly around Wed/Thur.

I have also started working on some custom boot sounds as well as modifying some of the existing saber sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Hmmm, looks familiar.

Nice job.
    Your work inspired me to make my own blade plugs, I searched 4 different stores to try and find something that I really liked. I just happened to stumble upon the same little brass dowel you used and I couldn't pass it up!
    Last edited by RoninBJJ; 01-24-2016 at 05:51 PM.

hello, i am a total newbie. i have been reading about FX sabers for couple months now. after seeing your thread Ronin, you went into such great depths of explanation it really cleared things up for me!

you also catergorising all the parts you used in the first page really helped me under stand by going back and viewing your parts list while reading through the thread. i actually read it twice from start to finish, the first read i wrote down some questions to paper to eventruly ask you in my post. but after the second read i found allot of my questions where answered! further proving all the great detail of information you have stored in this thread!!

i am totally new to this so i am hoping to copy your exact build, that why its fool proof to a novice like me. i JUST found the chassis parts you used which was one of my questions, i didnt notice it was in the MHS section. i have found almost all the parts you have ordered so far, and am little confused on the resistors.

i notice there was couple questions about the resistors you used, and you confirmed you had the right resistor. do you mind linking me to the correct resistor? i can't seem to find it, i am probably looking in the wrong place.

another resistor question i have, does it have to be facing a correct way when soldering into a wire? i remember when i tired up a old tractor for a friend the resistor had to face a certain why with a black line marking which direction?

again, i want to thank you and all have contributed to this wealth of information! i have been looking for a black series FX luke, but now knowing that i can build a graflex 2.0 to look like TFA I'm giving up my search and going to go this route. thank you all

danny

Quote Originally Posted by Halliwax View Post
    hello, i am a total newbie. i have been reading about FX sabers for couple months now. after seeing your thread Ronin, you went into such great depths of explanation it really cleared things up for me!

you also catergorising all the parts you used in the first page really helped me under stand by going back and viewing your parts list while reading through the thread. i actually read it twice from start to finish, the first read i wrote down some questions to paper to eventruly ask you in my post. but after the second read i found allot of my questions where answered! further proving all the great detail of information you have stored in this thread!!

i am totally new to this so i am hoping to copy your exact build, that why its fool proof to a novice like me. i JUST found the chassis parts you used which was one of my questions, i didnt notice it was in the MHS section. i have found almost all the parts you have ordered so far, and am little confused on the resistors.

i notice there was couple questions about the resistors you used, and you confirmed you had the right resistor. do you mind linking me to the correct resistor? i can't seem to find it, i am probably looking in the wrong place.

another resistor question i have, does it have to be facing a correct way when soldering into a wire? i remember when i tired up a old tractor for a friend the resistor had to face a certain why with a black line marking which direction?

again, i want to thank you and all have contributed to this wealth of information! i have been looking for a black series FX luke, but now knowing that i can build a graflex 2.0 to look like TFA I'm giving up my search and going to go this route. thank you all

danny
    I'm glad my thread helped you out! If you have any questions please ask away. Here is the LINK to the resistors I used; and as far as them going a certain direction I have no idea... Either they don't have to be going a certain direction or I put both of them in the correct direction, but honestly in all my research about saber building I never saw anything on that subject.

I really wanted to make a detailed video of the entire process start to finish, but the time it would of taken me to edit all the video together would of taken forever. There were definitely some frustrating and nerve racking times, very challenging but rewarding when you finally finish.

GOOD LUCK!

I'm glad my thread helped you out! If you have any questions please ask away. Here is the LINK to the resistors I used; and as far as them going a certain direction I have no idea... Either they don't have to be going a certain direction or I put both of them in the correct direction, but honestly in all my research about saber building I never saw anything on that subject.

I really wanted to make a detailed video of the entire process start to finish, but the time it would of taken me to edit all the video together would of taken forever. There were definitely some frustrating and nerve racking times, very challenging but rewarding when you finally finish.

GOOD LUCK!
    thank you so much for the fast reply!! and thanks so much for the direct link, i was looking all this time with no luck lol. as for the resistor now thinking back i dont believe it was a resistor that i had to put in a special way, i think it was a diode.

i know I've read this thread acouple times, but i just wanted to clarify, NO LED drivers are required for this right? everything you have in your schematic is all i need for wiring/electronics?

i just message korbanth to see if he has any extra 2.0's. you dont know how excited i am for this now, thanks to your help. I've been so depressed after passing up 2 FX Lukes at a barns and nobles in town... it was right before xmas and i needed the cash for gifts, when i went back after xmas they were cleaned out. been on every website and email list with no luck yet, now i can completely give up and go with something more accurate!

again thanks for everything!
    danny

thank you so much for the fast reply!! and thanks so much for the direct link, i was looking all this time with no luck lol. as for the resistor now thinking back i dont believe it was a resistor that i had to put in a special way, i think it was a diode.

i know I've read this thread acouple times, but i just wanted to clarify, NO LED drivers are required for this right? everything you have in your schematic is all i need for wiring/electronics?

i just message korbanth to see if he has any extra 2.0's. you dont know how excited i am for this now, thanks to your help. I've been so depressed after passing up 2 FX Lukes at a barns and nobles in town... it was right before xmas and i needed the cash for gifts, when i went back after xmas they were cleaned out. been on every website and email list with no luck yet, now i can completely give up and go with something more accurate!

again thanks for everything!
    danny
    I was looking at the fx Kylo for the longest time, but then the graflex saber kit popped. I am seriously thinking about ordering the Kylo ren hilt that korbanth made as well but $$$$. It good you didn't drop the cash on the fx it is well worth the experience of "building" your lightsaber.

No LED drivers, everything I listed originally is more or less everything. I did end up using some nylon spacers instead of the TCSS ones because they were all sold out. Word of advice, watch Rob (Madcow) YouTube videos. His tutorials are priceless!

Update:
    I have discovered some rattling in my hilt, I narrowed down the source... It is because I didn't put the putty, that Rob P. Had suggested to put in the housing in order to minimize the speaker vibration. So I may just leave it as is or pop the speaker out and fix it.

Sorry for grammar/spelling errors I am doing this on my phone.

I was looking at the fx Kylo for the longest time, but then the graflex saber kit popped. I am seriously thinking about ordering the Kylo ren hilt that korbanth made as well but $$$$. It good you didn't drop the cash on the fx it is well worth the experience of "building" your lightsaber.

No LED drivers, everything I listed originally is more or less everything. I did end up using some nylon spacers instead of the TCSS ones because they were all sold out. Word of advice, watch Rob (Madcow) YouTube videos. His tutorials are priceless!

Update:
    I have discovered some rattling in my hilt, I narrowed down the source... It is because I didn't put the putty, that Rob P. Had suggested to put in the housing in order to minimize the speaker vibration. So I may just leave it as is or pop the speaker out and fix it.

Sorry for grammar/spelling errors I am doing this on my phone.
    is he on youtube too? I'm curious about this putty?

is he on youtube too? I'm curious about this putty?
    Rob P. is the previously mentioned Rob (Madcow)

Rob P. is the previously mentioned Rob (Madcow)
    i found him on youtube, boy does he have allot of videos! this is going to keep me busy! lol

i was curious why you chose not to have a Foc? is there a down side to it?