Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: DCLS-004 Build Log

You have some creative ideas going there. I'm intrigued to see where this ends up.

The crystal cluster is something I've not seen done in a saber before. It should give a very unique look to this build.

I like the idea of the coiled wire as well.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Looking good as always hahahah

I'm still trying to figure out 123d.. Can't figure out how to get all the detail

Your brass wire on the drill is how I make the links for chainmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post

I'm still trying to figure out 123d.. Can't figure out how to get all the detail
    Many features don't do it all in one. To be honest I have not seen anyone use it to the extent and with such precision. He is a master.

Man, this keeps getting better and better. I can't say I'm a fan of the crystal cluster, but definitely a really cool idea I really hope you can get the removable core working. That would be awesome.
    One thing though: Don't you think there will be a bit of a brass overload if you use the brass wire tubing? Maybe a silver-coloured metal or copper would add more variation?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Your brass wire on the drill is how I make the links for chainmail.
    Ha that's cool

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Many features don't do it all in one. To be honest I have not seen anyone use it to the extent and with such precision. He is a master.
    Aw shucks

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Man, this keeps getting better and better. I can't say I'm a fan of the crystal cluster, but definitely a really cool idea I really hope you can get the removable core working. That would be awesome.
    One thing though: Don't you think there will be a bit of a brass overload if you use the brass wire tubing? Maybe a silver-coloured metal or copper would add more variation?
    I think I've settled on bronze finish for the rib cage. There's other elements I'm not really showing yet too. Don't worry. It'll all get sorted out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post

Patience. I've spent hours upon hours doing, re-doing, fiddling. For the details, start with a basic shape, then add to and subtract from it. There are a lot of videos on YouTube to help you out too.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I really actually like the look of the crystal cluster! Definitely unique!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    I really actually like the look of the crystal cluster! Definitely unique!
    ME TOO!! haha

Parts are all at the printers. Every thing checked out. I ended up putting some thin wires between multiple parts. In doing this, it reduces the component count, thus reducing post processing charges. They should arrive in about a week and half to 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I am doing some small prep work and testing. Below you can see I've wired up the 3 pin connector to my serial cable. I'll do the same with the 2 pin and the charger cable. You'll also see a short video of an audio test I did with one of my mini speakers. I originally tested it on a Nano and was not thrilled with the result. The test on the Prizm was a little better.

I'll hold off on any more updates until after the components have arrived.

***Missing***
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 07-20-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    ME TOO!! haha

Parts are all at the printers. Every thing checked out. I ended up putting some thin wires between multiple parts. In doing this, it reduces the component count, thus reducing post processing charges. They should arrive in about a week and half to 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I am doing some small prep work and testing. Below you can see I've wired up the 3 pin connector to my serial cable. I'll do the same with the 2 pin and the charger cable. You'll also see a short video of an audio test I did with one of my mini speakers. I originally tested it on a Nano and was not thrilled with the result. The test on the Prizm was a little better.

I'll hold off on any more updates until after the components have arrived.

Are those snap strip connectors cut down?