Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: DCLS-004 Build Log

Well then it looks like another "Revision" is needed

Blog Entries

Yeah I think so. Here's a couple examples.

No handle

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Blog Entries

Sorry for double post. Can only do one vide per post.

With handle

Dude, I'm not seeing any vids.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Dude, I'm not seeing any vids.
    You're probably on mobile. You may need to login on a desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    You're probably on mobile. You may need to login on a desktop.
    I shall do that, sir. When I'm not at work.

Sorry for the double post. Remembered to check the vids. Now that seems fairly loud to me but I guess, in person, it may not sound the same as a recording. If it's not as you would like, you gotta revise or redo cos it will bug you. Plus this is one hell of a build and I suspect it's perfection all the way with you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Sorry for the double post. Remembered to check the vids. Now that seems fairly loud to me but I guess, in person, it may not sound the same as a recording. If it's not as you would like, you gotta revise or redo cos it will bug you. Plus this is one hell of a build and I suspect it's perfection all the way with you
    The hums and clashes aren't too bad. A little lower than I would like. The area it really fails is swings. Wasn't able to get them in the vid but they are barely audible.

My speaker holder should be here tomorrow so we shall see if the larger speaker helps. I'll post another video for comparison.

Most impressive...like others have said already, a proper speaker chamber is needed.
    I have been following your build. Having a small "posts" number...(I don't post that much)...I just read. And why repeat what others are already say'in. Anyways your build is most impressive indeed....love all aspects of what you have done(no need in listing them...others already have). I have wanted a 3D printer for years to do what you have done here, but the bloody things cost an arm and a leg..i.e. a small fortune...lol. I to am beginning the process of building my own saber...will take pic's when i start.

Blog Entries

Thanks bud. Glad you're enjoying the build. All the kind compliments just make me want to make it even better.

The speaker issues wasn't really a resonance chamber. There's plenty. Just personal preference more than anything. I have the new speaker and am much more pleased. Now I can finally map out the sound vents and get drilling

I got all the 3D stuff done from a service that produces SLS parts, so they're a little better resolution than a home printer that uses filament. But no doubt, with a little elbow grease and some acetone perhaps, you can get pretty decent parts from a home printer. The one thing I would worry about is the structural integrity of those parts. Especially with things like set screws etc.

Good luck with you build. I'll be sure to check it out.