Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DCLS-004 Build Log

If you have not seen an SLS part, see if you can get a sample first. They tend to have a rough powdery look and feel to them, and are difficult to impossible to sand smooth. I will check in my office in the morning to see if I have a sample I can take a close up photo of. For texture and not to disclose any confidential features. If the somewhat rough/porous surface is not contrary to the look you are going for that it will be a good choice. If it is printed in a black and you put a matte or flat clear over it, it might give a fair resemblance of black cast iron.
    Last edited by FenixFire; 01-12-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    If you have not seen an SLS part, see if you can get a sample first. They tend to have a rough powdery look and feel to them, and are difficult to impossible to sand smooth. I will check in my office in the morning to see if I have a sample I can take a close up photo of. For texture and not to disclose any confidential features. If the somewhat rough/porous surface is not contrary to the look you are going for that it will be a good choice. If it is printed in a black and you put a matte or flat clear over it, it might give a fair resemblance of black cast iron.
    Yep, the parts I've done in the past are the same and I'm good with it. See below. I want the core to have a bit of a used feel to it and I think the texture will lend itself to that end. I do plan on painting as well to help the idea along. I like the idea of cast iron. That would be cool.

I also read that the steel will most likely be somewhat pitted, which is great for what I'm going after.

I really appreciate the tips and comments. Keep em coming as I move forward.

Last edited by darth_chasm; 01-12-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Wow, that it amazing looking. It reminds me a lot of Madcow's Vector saber.

Blog Entries

Tiny update...1206 tiny

Here's a prototype of the bar graph. Prototype because it is a little sloppy and I think I can do better. Anyway, have a look.

***Image Missing***
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 07-20-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Oh yeah, that's gonna be awesome, but man those ARE tiny.

I really like where this is going amazing work as always sir.

Blog Entries

This is where I came to final designs. See 1st post for pics.
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 07-20-2018 at 03:57 PM. Reason: additional thought

Dang, I can't wait to see this finished! You, my friend, are exceptionally talented at saber design. The reveal core just looks amazing at this point, and the exterior looks pretty cool as well

DUDE COME ON !!!!!!
    It's amazing you have come a long way and this thing is gonna be mind blowing
    I need to get some cad software and try it out, I have so many ideas just need to get my invisions on to screen and there are some sweet chassis ideas I have i would like 3D printed

Wow. This is truly coming together nicely. Very professional looking. I can't wait to see it completed.