Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: DCLS-004 Build Log

my god man this thing gets more and more beautiful with every update.
    When i saw that first picture I though to myself "that thing must weigh a ton" then remembered its 3D printed material, fooling my brain there DC lol
    cant wait to see what else you do to this, almost more then wanting to build my own

Wow, that looks phenomenal DC.

So when you coming to STL to finish up mine?

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    So when you coming to STL to finish up mine?
    Sounds like fun.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Holy cow dude! Thanks for sharing these methods/ ideas etc.- loving the coil and rod, that just looks so amazing, I def wanna experiment with that. Stellar work all around, beyond impressive .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevanReborn View Post
    Holy cow dude! Thanks for sharing these methods/ ideas etc.- loving the coil and rod, that just looks so amazing, I def wanna experiment with that. Stellar work all around, beyond impressive .
    Thanks and no problem. I'm glad some people are finding the thread useful. No sense in doing it if not

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Thanks and no problem. I'm glad some people are finding the thread useful. No sense in doing it if not
    Useful...it's like the Holy Grail of how to build a killer saber. It is a work of art my friend, need to walk it over to the MoMA and tell them you found their next piece!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Useful...it's like the Holy Grail of how to build a killer saber. It is a work of art my friend, need to walk it over to the MoMA and tell them you found their next piece!
    Thank you sir. I've had fun building it which probably lends to how it's come out.

Blog Entries

As a professional designer I can tell you that 80% of the creative process is changing your mind...and changing it again...and again. So yeah, I've changed my mind again.

The coiled tubes for the wiring turned out to not be too much with the other coils, so I went for it and it all looks quite nice together. I added some brass sleeves to create a little differentiation. The openings in the sleeves were done with the triangle jeweler's file and then the were cut at 45 degrees with a razor saw in a small hobby miter box.

And here's some eye candy of the lighting. I really like all the little areas the light shines through.

***Missing***
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 07-20-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Amazing work.