Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1 1/4 sinktube

Default 1 1/4 tube sabers - questions

Hi all, it's been a long time but now I'm planning on making two more sabers - a regular and a short - as part of my Revan outfit. I want to give them both what I think is called a "Katana Wrap" of leather around the hilts. If I do this to a 1 1/2" tube the hilt will become too fat to handle properly. So, I want to use 1 1/4" tubes. My question here is this: are the MHS blade holders, MPS pommels and extension pieces compatible with the 1 1/4" tube? I want them to be LED sabers btw. The short one will have blade holder 4, the long saber will have blade holder 7. I haven't decided on the pommels yet.

I will purchase all the necessary electronics later when I've got my head round it all. Electronics baffle me. I need an Electronics for Idiots book. I will want a bronze LED (Heart of the Guardian crystal from KOTOR) in one and a Cyan LED (Mantle of the Force crystal) in the other plus a sound board and a rechargeable battery pack so I don't have to pull the sabers apart to replace dead batteries. Any help here would be appreciated - wiring and the number of AAA batteries to use etc. I also want a sliding switch mounted inside the hilt so it does not protrude. Ideas?

Thanks for all your help.

Iain

the sink tube question is answered in the first couple of posts in this thread.

look at the resistor chart to see how much battery each led needs. the soundboard you use will determine exactly how much juice you can run through it.

if you have space use aa's not aaa's. aaa's don't even supply enough current to adequately power some led's. some it will, most it won't.

look in the tutorials for how to wire up rechargeable packs and install recharge ports.

just mount the switch and sand down the nub. it won't really hurt it and you can make it as low profile as you want.
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Default Sink Tube reply

Thanks for that Dan. I took the opportunity to look at The Dark Alliance site pics of your sabers. They are exactly what I was thinking of, in fact. The switches in the pommels are a brilliant idea. Just what I was looking for.
    Just a guy with a lightsaber and some questions.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I think your sink tube was mislabled. that's gotta be 1.5 inch for MHS to fit inside it like that. Weird.

Yeah thats a 1.5" sinktube. the 1.25" sinktube should slide inside the regular mhs sections.

Right. 1.5" tube.

An MHS absolutely DOES NOT fit into a 1.25" tube... for those reading and "tuning in" just now.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

you mean 1.5" right? cause a 1.25" sinktube will fit inside an mhs.