Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Whelp~ time to start as any!

Edit: Whoops! Sorry. My intent was to protect the sword design. I'll just refrain from that conversation from now on as I have voiced why I wanted to build the saber in the way I want.

Any idea of a search term I could use to find these previous claimers? Having a list of what went wrong could help save time on my own fruitless journey.

Edit edit: Wow. Collapsible and Retractable. I'll leave the question open for any other terms to read up on what I missed.
    Last edited by Juno; 01-05-2016 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Reply to the mod

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I would say "retract" that way you catch both retractable and retracting in one search. I'm sure there are others.. that would be my starting place though

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I'll be quite impressed. That's pretty much the holy grail of lightsaber builders right now.
    Oh yeah. That or abeam of pure energy arcing three foot out of the hilt

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Oh yeah. That or abeam of pure energy arcing three foot out of the hilt
    Just gotta wait for femto-second lasers to potentially catch up in terms of size, power consumption and overall portability.

Or use sound waves to compress air at the right frequencies to reflect the visible light from an emitter in the way you want without blasting anyone's ear drums.

Do I know you? A femto system is one of several project I'm working currently!

BTW...its a micro-singularity, with directed gravitational pull to pull the heated plasma back into the hilt!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    Do I know you? A femto system is one of several project I'm working currently!

BTW...its a micro-singularity, with directed gravitational pull to pull the heated plasma back into the hilt!
    Ha! If I did I'd ask you directly to make sure my idea works. It's really hard to express what I want to make in text than in actual voice and hand gestures.

I was just commenting on how a more "realistic" saber (one consisting of enough condensed energy to be used as a blade) could possibly be made with advances in current developing technology.

(Technology that probably won't require the power of a miniature unlicensed nuclear accelerator that would cause all life as we know it to stop instantaneously and every molecule of the user to explode at the speed of light if they clashed blades with another one of these hypothetical devices.)