Thread: 2005 ESB Vader to ANH conversion

Default 2005 ESB Vader to ANH conversion

hey guys

i inherited a Vader suit and am in process of fixing it to the new 501st standards It came with 2 MR Sabers. A 2003 ANH and a 2005 ESB that didn't work and the blade was cracked.
    Picked up the TCSS conversion kit and a new blade. The battery/speaker pack had been almost destroyed from battery acid and I finished it off trying to fix it. I got all the conversion competed and tested it out using a battery. Figured out the wiring for the speaker as well and discovered the audio still works!, just need the new battery/speaker pack i ordered to arrive to modify and finish the job.

Major issue. TO go from ESB to ANH I am left with an extra set of holes since the grips go all the way to the top. With some JB weld and epoxy, some sanding and chrome paint, I fixed that issue. The paint will weather and I think thats ok for ANH saber!

Got the new battery holder w/speaker. Wired it up and it all works now!! Just waiting on the lever to arrive and its a killer ANH saber.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by blackyck View Post
    hey guys

i inherited a Vader suit and am in process of fixing it to the new 501st standards
    You inherited a Vader suit?? Thats some awesome inheritance to be sure! Do you have a WIP on like the 501st sith lords forums or anything for that?

Great job on those saber modifications though!

On the one hand, super neat. On the other - did you just shorten the existing grips? My understanding is that the ANH Vader hilt has seven grips, as opposed to the ESB's six.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire Yeldarb View Post
    You inherited a Vader suit?? Thats some awesome inheritance to be sure! Do you have a WIP on like the 501st sith lords forums or anything for that?

Great job on those saber modifications though!
    Thanks and yes!
    http://forum.501stsithlords.com/inde...howtopic=10188

Quote Originally Posted by Kouri View Post
    On the one hand, super neat. On the other - did you just shorten the existing grips? My understanding is that the ANH Vader hilt has seven grips, as opposed to the ESB's six.
    Yes I cut them to length.
    My 2003 ANH saber has six and so does this one.
    Since CRL standards for 501st are MR sabers I should be good to go!

Huh, glad that worked out for you. Gives me an idea too, as I'd thought about picking up an ANH Vader to convert into an OT-remake of Anakin's first saber, but held off because I figured it'd have seven grips. Checked reviews on the new Black Series Vader, six short grips there. You just made my day.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by blackyck View Post
    Awesome, I'll check it out!

got the little lever and installed. all done!