Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber Build Ever (Pvc)

What parts did you use in building your crystal chamber?
    Mainly just some stuff i found in my junk draws in my shop, random brass fittings

Very interesting. This is turning into a good looking unit.
    PVC is an amazing material. The dust can get out of hand though...
    after cutting out the emmiter shroud i looked like scarface haha my face was covered in white pvc dust

Can we get a paint update....
    Soon!! very soon...I did some Re-designing so i think im gonna try any paint it tomorrow if it warms up... trying to paint in 30 degree weather never ends well haha

Agreed, luckly my garage has a space heater and it's insulated. But it's been a mild winter on the east coast.

Welp i Sprayed the first couple layers of paint today, i think im gonna re-sand and prime them and spray again to get rid of some small little grooves that are driving me crazy, and i still need to make some grips up and finish up some other stuff.. Its definitely getting close! will continue to post updates

That's turning out nice!!!
    Last edited by Darth Vislir; 01-11-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vislir View Post
    That's turning out nice!!!
    Thanks!

This is quite possibly the coolest PVC saber I have ever seen. Can't wait to see it complete!

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    This is quite possibly the coolest PVC saber I have ever seen. Can't wait to see it complete!
    Thanks! I'm gonna be re-doing this design in aluminum

Small update, i got the blade parts in and built the blade its 36" long, and the soundcard is working great...its pretty much finished, i just need to do a quick respray and it will be all wrapped up and then onto the next build! lemme know what you guys think.

IMG_2327.jpgIMG_2328.jpgIMG_2329.jpgIMG_2330.jpgIMG_2331.jpg
    Last edited by Inf4mous; 01-18-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Im not sure why the first 2 pictures are sideways

Very cool design =] So the hilt colors are white and black or is it going to be painted silver or something? I like the emitter design too
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-