Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber Build Ever (Pvc)

Already, that is looking pretty sweet! BTW, if you're using the NB, you will need the 3.7v 18650 as it can only handle 5.5v max

Thanks everyone for your feedback and for the info about the battery and NB !

heres a small update

I finished the crystal chamber, Pommel and also got all the threaded inserts into the body of the saber so everything can be removable and easy to secure.

i also started to make the ribbed sections of the chamber wider so thats why the top right slot is a little bit more opened up

Im still waiting on my leds, Switch, sound board and blade to show up

Everything will be sanded prepped for paint probably tomorrow so i should have another update s

Blimey. Definitely liking where this is going.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Clean symmetric design. Especially like the emitter shroud shape.
    Strong work!
    LOCKHEED

This is looking awesome. I too am working on a PVC saber...well 3 of them, as they are projects with my 3 kids. What sizes of PVC are you using? The outer sleeve fits very nicely over the inner piece.

I should have some preliminary images up this weekend of ours. Again, this is looking very very nice!

Blimey. Definitely liking where this is going.
    Thanks!

Clean symmetric design. Especially like the emitter shroud shape.
    Strong work!
    Yeah thats my favorite part, i actually did a bit of re-designing the past couple days so ill post pictures soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Aanadien View Post
    This is looking awesome. I too am working on a PVC saber...well 3 of them, as they are projects with my 3 kids. What sizes of PVC are you using? The outer sleeve fits very nicely over the inner piece.

I should have some preliminary images up this weekend of ours. Again, this is looking very very nice!
    Sweet i cant wait to see them! And i am using 1" and 1 1/4" Schedule 40 Pvc...If you do this aswell just make sure your main body is the 1 1/4" so your electronics will all fit inside of it! and if you have any questions feel free to ask

What parts did you use in building your crystal chamber?

Very interesting. This is turning into a good looking unit.
    PVC is an amazing material. The dust can get out of hand though...

Can we get a paint update....